Player vs Player Rule Revamp

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by Slebert, Sep 9, 2013.

?

Do you think a PvP Rule Revamp is a good idea?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

traps:
    enderpearls should be enabled, there also might not be a way to enderpearl out. also what moose said
    warping in pvp:
    so if you get to them at 6 seconds tough luck? Allowing warping away would kill pvp as the second you think you're gonna die you enderpearl 5 seconds away and warp. Vanilla minecraft doesn't have warping so you should have to get away right? Also, combat tag doesn't work the best.
    Warping to pvp:
    don't forget they paid 50k for that town. it would encourage pvp if it was easier to get to towns, but if you build your town far away you do it for protection. Look at Sisu, and babylon, I have to say that they are the best pvp town's we've had and they are the 2 closest to spawn. If you really want we can enable outposts.
    Self Defense:
    this was made to protect people with warps in the wilderness of pvp that go to the warp and get attacked since they did warp there.
    Having to be in a pvp town to pvp:
    this is just to pvp in groups, and you can always do what slebert does and join a town just to raid. There aren't really any benefits of making a town.
    Do not run into a non pvp zone in pvp:
    there are no open warps to go pvp at, pvp spawn is a common place to pvp, it's neutral ground. I don't think we have a normal pvp arena in spawn yet, but even then heads are disabled in spawn (for bounty/events)

This is not a hardcore server, we shouldn't change our rules to be like one.

Also right now only me/nifix/max/blat have access to logs since the hardware switch, and the code for livelog was lost.

DastardlyWhale likes this.
  2. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Traps: I think everything to do with traps should be removed, if they make one which is just a hole u get stuck in, tough luck warp out try again.

PvP Warping: sharqman there are some good combattag and pvp log ones, just set it so you have to be untouched for 45sec - 1 minute to then warp or whatever. Then in that sense the rule would be removed, because its done auto in game

Warping to pvp: I think it should just be you can warp nearer to a town, but the warp must be at least 300 or so blocks from the town?

My views on a few, I think we have too many rules and sub rules to do with pvp/looting getting around, just my opinion.

3. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

Can we just take away all the rules except for griefing and make our lives all easier? :3

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  4. sharqman

That wouldn't make it easier, people would complain left and right and want the old way back.
    We would only get rid of the trap rule if we get rid of the trapping in towny blocks rule because in reality it just applies to towns, therefore you're being locked in towny blocks. It was put there because it is a gray area in the towny block rule.

As for warping, that means if you see the raider before they see you can just warp out. I really don't see how letting people warp out encourages pvp, it encourages cowardice.

We're not going to allow homes/warps 300 or whatever blocks away form towns, it would be much more effective to have town outposts if you guys really want a closer way to get to towns.

5. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

I feel that the most important rule is to exercise common sense, no matter how hard that is in minecraft :p

Slebert likes this.
  6. Slebert

Slebert Active Member VIP

This is key

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

7. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

So if outposts were enabled, would we then set our homes in them to raid the towns? I don't see how having an outpost would help us raid a town if there's no outpost spawn. Also, I'm not sure what the "min_distance_from_town_homeblock" is set to in the config (this is the minimum distance from a town homeblock you can set another homeblock or create an outpost), but would increasing this for outposts effect current towns that are close together? That's something else to consider.

8. sharqman

no it wouldn't right now it's at 42. I'm pretty sure /t outpost # tps you to the outpost although I have not tested it.

9. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

3rd world, hardcore PvP world!

No factions/towny, just living and killing peeps :D

DeeeezNutz and Nifix like this.
  10. sharqman

How about the line is you got away? Instead of being x seconds away you out run your pursuer or lose him/her or he/she gets tired and stops chasing you.

11. Pieman_Is_God

epic cross map chase I like the sound of that
    or
    'YOU DIDN'T GET AWAY I WAS RIGHT BEHIND YOU'
    'YES I DID'
    'NO YOU DIDN'T'
    WAAAA WAAAA WAAAA WAAAAA

In conclusion thats a bad idea lol, I don't see whats wrong with combat tag, 1 minute is a good amount of time to get away or chase and get another hit in

12. sharqman

That's why it is recommended you check local before you warp...

13. Pieman_Is_God

What? that little dialogue was to your suggestion lol, again I don't see whats wrong with combat tag, it allows us to remove the rule and not have to worry about anything

14. sharqman

I didn't suggest anything i'm mostly for the current rules

15. Slebert

Slebert Active Member VIP

Combat tag seems like it does the job fine, if you are able to avoid being hit or hitting anyone for over a minute and be able to stand there for 3 seconds before you warp. You have gotten far enough to warp. it seems unnecessary for there to be a rule here. although if there is a way that we can get maybe a long warm up in PvP then in Peaceful that would be nice, because having a warm up in Peaceful is annoying, i understand it still being there, but maybe a little shorter, keep the 3 sec for peaceful and maybe a 5 sec for PvP, or even incorporate the Combat tag into setting how much time it takes to warp, so once combat tag goes away your next warp will have a 5 sec warm up instead of 3.

16. Dynodamon

Dynodamon Well-Known Member

Shade Crest Survival September Patch Notes
    • The PvP and Peaceful world have been completely separated. All inventories and ender chests are now world specific.
      • The mining world, nether, and End are all linked to PvP. Admin shops will be setup in peaceful to allow people to buy materials that can't be gotten through normal means.
    • PvP combat tag length changed to 45 seconds.
    • All warp warmups changed to 45 seconds.
    • Players are now encouraged to not be douchebags. Being a douchebag will earn you a timeout from the server.
    Stayed tuned for upcoming changes!

17. North_Korean

North_Korean Active Member VIP

This conversation is like miley cyrus. You say you wanna keep the rules the same but then you get all teenager and decide your rebelious and try to change the rules. In the end the rule change will prevail though. Its your body.

18. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

I don't pvp much cuzz I know how my laptop can't handle alot of it,plus I'm pretty happy in my own village on peaceful but I do see sometimes ppl complaining bout pvp stuff...so either a revamp or something so there's less complaining lol

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

19. sharqman

Nifix we can do your rules, except instead of homes we do town outpost, just have everything organized and I'll add it to the wiki unless you can.

20. Dynodamon

Dynodamon Well-Known Member

Because people seemed to be confused, this is my proposal. This actually hasn't happened yet.

Jasperli, NMBr2d2 and Nifix like this.