Player vs Player Rule Revamp

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by Slebert, Sep 9, 2013.

?

Do you think a PvP Rule Revamp is a good idea?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

I still think that towns should have a way in other than enderpearls. I don't really have any justifications, I know enderpearls aren't that hard to get. It's just my personal opinion that towns should have at least one main enterance.

2. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

Random if someone put in the immense effort to build a 3 high cobble wall around their town then everyone should have to spend 2 ender pearls to get in/out.
    Unless we're giving everyone perms for world guard this should be OK.
    Is this the "rule" you're talking about? I don't think anyone has ever gotten banned for "not checking local before warping", they get banned for "warping while engaged in PvP". If they had checked local, they would've known not to warp. It's like having a law, "don't go over the speed limit" and then recommending "make sure to check your speedo so you don't go over the limit". You don't get fined for not checking your speedo, you get fined for speeding.

I've run pretty much the entire way from Babylon to Sisu because I was pretty sure I was being chased. If I thought, I haven't been hit in the last 15 seconds, it should be safe to warp. What I didn't realise is that I was on dynmap, so Alan knew pretty much where I was, and was still chasing me down.

Also Pie, have you ever chased/been chased by someone in the ocean? You can't move very quickly, so if they ender pearl, and then your ender pearl lands just 10 blocks away from them, they've got enough time to warp away.

DeeeezNutz and sharqman like this.
  3. Slebert

Slebert Active Member VIP

If a Town wants to have a Wall with no Entrance they should be able to. back when i use to PvàP everyone had an entrance, but it was always closed with a sign door on the other side. You can still get in, if you want to go Raiding, you will need Enderpearls, that seems fair to me.

4. Slebert

In this case common sense is needed, if you are being chased and they are that close to you then obviously you are still being chased closely, and if we have combat tag, if you haven't caught them by then and you have enderpearls, you should have caught them... you could just throw another...

You people Take these rules and put them into situations that will most likely NEVER happen. in a situation like this their could be a forum post made and an admin would use their best judgment to decide who was in the wrong, if anyone...

You cant have rules that make absolutely no problems come up and still have it be fun. there has to be some things that are dealt with by admin and are not set in stone, the Admin/Mod has to use his best Judgment to decide if a warning or punishment is needed.

5. majestic_moose

I think that's called an exit.
    I don't think you realize the point I was making. Pie said we wouldn't have to worry about anything if we just relied on combat tag 100% and remove the rule. In that situation, we would have to worry about something, since combat tag isn't that effective.

sharqman likes this.
  6. Slebert

it an Entrance and an Exit. Just you can only be let in by people inside the town...

7. Slebert

Plus, a true Raider would never use the front entrance...

8. majestic_moose

So screw all the new players, right? Want to raid a town? Too bad, you aren't a true raider.

I can't see why a town not having an entrance will encourage PvP, you have to have at least one or two pearls just to get in.

9. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

10. sharqman

Also for warping we'll add towny outposts.

11. Slebert

Yes, if you don't have enderpearls then fuck you. Can I ask something. Why the fuck can you swear on the forums if you can swear the fuck in game?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

12. majestic_moose

This is why
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It's so my feels don't get hurt.

DeeeezNutz and thechooosen1 like this.
  13. Slebert

So it is impossible to call someone a cunt on the forums?

14. Dynodamon

Dynodamon Well-Known Member

If you have to result to calling people names, you don't deserve to be part of the commmunity.

15. Slebert

I'm not calling names... I'm simply making a point... Moose is not a cunt...

16. thechooosen1

thechooosen1 Active Member VIP

I think this post should be like highlighted or something :)

Yeah I try to stay G rated as much as possible but it no work sometimes. :(

17. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

I've never seen an issue with combat tag before

but anyway its clear you guys aren't gonna budge so im done trying to change it

18. sharqman

the config reset when I updated it and it looks like it's been allowing warping if you are tagged for a long time now.

...it was one curse and it wasn't pointed at anyone -_-, I thought we were all mature enough to handle it. And the meme was making a point.
    I'm supporting the rule and it was made to counter my old town. We made legit 20 block high walls, 5 blocks thick, and we decided that you should be able to get in normally. Raiding will be depending on whether you have pearls or not because most towns will change to making their walls like so. Why allow group raiding for new players that don't want to join a town if they will need to get pearls first, which they might not think of. Let me ask you, How does that promote pvp? but whatever, we can do all the rule changes you want and see how it goes.

19. sharqman

I know, your posts weren't rude. I'm saying we can make the changes once you finalize it all.

20. SpaceCadetKevin

SpaceCadetKevin Well-Known Member VIP

Tots should allow tnt wall breaching. Bring the fear back to pvp.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Random0ne likes this.