Custom PC builds.

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by CanOpenerTrooper, Sep 22, 2013.

1. DastardlyWhale

DastardlyWhale Well-Known Member

16 gbs is still completely unnecessary, even for such an APU. As for the fan, you better have some kind of master ventilation in that case of yours to sound like a jet engine. If you're ever seeking to making a good gaming pc which is the ultimate goal of this thread. Priority goes to the graphics card over the processor.

2. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

Ok, with the computer I want, it can be no more than 800 dollars and it's purpose is to get the best possible fps on minecraft but still be able to run a game like battlefield or gmod well. The PC is primarily for gaming ( mostly minecraft )

3. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

not at all for mc, the CPU is the most important part for a mainly mc gaming pc, and for b3f mid-high settings and maxed out gmod, that APU will do just fine. also, RAM is VERY inportant, 8gb is the MINIMUM for gaming now, and if you want to run mc on boosted amounts, or other games you will need a lot. I personally am getting 32 because I run servers from time-to-time to record on, and I render videos which takes a lot... Also, look up the NZXT Phantom 410, thats my case, amazing and quiet :)

4. THEdeadRETURNED

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1HywG theres the edited version you asked for in-game :)

5. oiShocKWavesv

Baring in mind I know nothing about pcs... Where is the graphics/sound card?

6. THEdeadRETURNED

the motherboard has sound, and an APU is a combined CPU and GPU

7. oiShocKWavesv

So no need to worry about buying a graphics card?

8. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

"GPU" = graphics card. And like he said, an APU is a combo of a GPU and a CPU, so no, you don't need to worry about a graphics card :p

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk 4

9. CanOpenerTrooper

CanOpenerTrooper Well-Known Member VIP

Any thoughts on my GPU I plan to get?
    GTX 650ti 1GB DDR5 - I chose not to get the boost edition because it requires 450 watts minimum while the 1GB version requires 400 (I have a 430 watt psu)
    Just planning on playing Battlefield 3-4 at 960p with medium or high settings at a good 60 FPS. Is there a way to combine my AMD A10's 512mb graphic capabilities with the 650? That would give me even more performance, but the two companies are different. Any thoughts or help?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130838

10. CanOpenerTrooper

Also some advice for people building a computer (shockwaves). People greatly under estimate the power supply. I know I did when I was making my build. Make sure you get an 80+ bronze certified one. People tend to get a high end GPU and get some third party Chinese-piece-o-crap. I regret I got a 430 watt PSU. I would have gotten 500 watts if I had the choice. Also make sure you get the windows OEM... I had the biggest issue with the upgrade version :p I had to send mine back in 4 times because the Best Buy tech guys didn't know what to get.

11. oiShocKWavesv

So apparently some things are way more expensive in the UK, that build came to 726 pounds o.o

12. oiShocKWavesv

13. oiShocKWavesv

Noticed the incompatibility, working on it xD

14. THEdeadRETURNED

looks good shock

15. THEdeadRETURNED

there is no way to make that work, it will use your either your GPU or APU depending on where u plug your monitor in

16. CanOpenerTrooper

I did some research. When you put a GPU into your build it disables the APU's graphics.

17. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Actually, you can select which you use in which situation.

My laptop (Which I use for everything) technically has two GPUs (an integrated and a dedicated); one for everyday use and one for gaming. I found out how to set it so programs use the dedicated instead of the integrated, which resulted in a massive boost in fps for ftb when that was the in thing.

18. CanOpenerTrooper

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  19. CanOpenerTrooper

Also, a noob question. So I have a VGA monitor. I notice that GPUs have several monitor jacks in the back of them. Do I need to have my single monitor plugged into my GPU instead of my motherboard socket?

20. DastardlyWhale

DastardlyWhale Well-Known Member

.....HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Legend9468 likes this.