Parkour Arena Design Contest.

Discussion in 'Contests/Events' started by Golui, Sep 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golui

Golui Member

About the contest:
    The Contest was approved by zroxami.

Goal of it, is to create a Parkour course. There is prepared area in the Creative world, so you don't have to worry about supplies. You have got seven days to joining the contest (that means that you can join as late as Friday, 30.09.2011 Due to lack of contestants, entry period is extended by one week). It is YOUR chance to make official pakour course of shadecrest! Don't waste it!

The Rules:
    [list type=decimal]
    [li]If you join the contest, you MUST be absolutely sure that you will make your track before the deadline. This is to prevent (well, kind of) what happened to the Spleef Arena contest, which several people joined and only one arena was made;[/li]
    [li]One plot per contestant;[/li]
    [li]You must build in specially marked area in the Creative world;[/li]
    [li]You cannon copy other people's ideas for courses;[/li]
    [li]A day before the deadline, you will be charged a fee of 100 rupies. Winner will take the money (subject to discuss);[/li]
    [li]Death traps ARE allowed.[/li]
    [/list]

Prizes
    As mentioned earlier, If your arena is looking good, and people like it, it will be ported into the regular map. Also, you will win some money, if enough contestants will join.

How the winner will be determined:
    When judging, i will pay attention to following:
    [list type=decimal]
    [li]Overall look. It has to be nice.[/li]
    [li]Time it takes an average player (that is the judge, that is me)to finish the course.[/li]
    [li]Creativity. I won't accept entries that are a straight line of jumps over lava.[/li]
    [/list]

Contestant list
    [list type=decimal]
    [li]Ciulerson2[/li]
    [li]Champchar2[/li]
    [li]ndvencus1[/li]
    [li][/li]
    [/list]

Plots will be given by me. Every contestant please remind me in-game.

The deadline of the contest is set to Friday, October the 14th*. Winner will be announced here, 15th, or 16th of October*.

*These dates may change

Tip: It is a good idea to make your arena around 60 blocks above ground of creative world. That way you can fit your more chambers/make your course longer.

Good Luck!

2. Ciulerson2

Ciulerson2 New Member VIP

I'll do it
    8)

3. Wkdclwncar

Wkdclwncar Member VIP

For those of us who want to join but dont know what a Parkour course is, could you describe the parameters a bit

4. Champcar2

Champcar2 Member

5. mrtreefingers

mrtreefingers Active Member VIP

I would do this except the last contest I joined I was told a lot of things that did not come to.

So anything I build now will be for myself and my town directly. Hope to get some good ideas from these though. Good luck!

6. Dolmen

Dolmen New Member VIP

I don't know if this course was made as an entry for the contest, but I saw it on the Creative Map and gave it a try. (And a try. And a try.)

The course goes about three times higher than the block I was on when I took the screenshot.

Gah...I get vertigo just looking at it.

I'm looking forward to seeing the winning course.

[​IMG]

7. Wkdclwncar

Wkdclwncar Member VIP

So is it essentiallly just a platform minigame? Jumping from block to block without falling / succumbing to traps? And if so, how do I officially enter?

8. JoeyLeary

JoeyLeary New Member

That's just a jumping course I made for fun :D
    It doesn't work now because of sprinting though :(

9. Champcar2

Champcar2 Member

Hmm... I like this. Mind if I whip something up?

10. Golui

Golui Member

Sorry guys, i couldn't be on for the past week. Yeah champ i'll add you. Further instructions will be sent onto your PM.

11. Champcar2

Champcar2 Member

Max just told me to pick a plot and start... I'm already about 4 hours into it.

12. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

Golui, I'll do it. :)

13. Champcar2

Champcar2 Member

Should be done by about 7PM EST tomorrow.

14. Golui

Golui Member

Right Contest is Finished!

Though i am sorry to announce, that only one entry was done. What the potato people? You told me you all would do this.

Anyways, Winner without a doubt is Champchar2. Also, i am sorry to tell you champ, but your arena won't be in the main world,unless you want it to be underground. I'll levae the decision to Max, whether move it or not. Monetary reward won't be done, as there are only 3 contestants. However, I won't leave it that way. Whenever you see me on server, remind me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.