Events...

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by oiShocKWavesv, Oct 17, 2013.

?

Does this apply to you?

1. Yes, I cannot attend may events.

40.0%
  2. No, the current system is fine.

60.0%
  1. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

Now I know how well this went before, but it's worth a try.
    I and I'm sure others are too, are greatly inconvenienced but the current time of the events. The main problem is that they are on a Sunday and the time in England is 10pm. Now considering I get up at 6am on school days, I usually go to bed at ten every night to get 8 hours of sleep. So I can either miss events and have a good nights sleep, or I can stay up another hour for the events and get around 6 hours sleep because I go on minechat for auctions and usually wait for all the chests to be posted on the forums so I can see what I actually got.
    My point is that the current time/day isn't very helpful for me and others.
    It would be nice if the events were able to be moved to an hour earlier or to be moved to Saturday.
    I know this a big thing to ask, but I was hoping you could take it in to consideration.

2. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Many a time this has been brought up, its not going to change, it has to go when the biggest crowd is available.

3. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

The main reason it hasn't changed is because there would most likely be nobody around to host them on other days.

4. Dynodamon

Dynodamon Well-Known Member

Personally, I wouldn't mind it being an hour earlier. I tend to eat between 5 and 6 pm est.

5. Pieman_Is_God

Oh? I'm all for a change in time/day then, I am free saturday evening and can make an hour earlier too.easier.Maybe a poll? Every other time it just seemed that the current time was best

6. sharqman

Talk among whoever runs them usually and pick a better time if you guys want to ;)

7. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Or just run it twice for the timezones, one for the main american and then a smaller one (with maybe a smaller prize pool) a few hours earlier/later.

aarondang likes this.
  8. sharqman

people would just go to both and get double prizes :p
    I think friday nights EST would be good for US, UK, and AUS

9. Legend9468

So that's about 24 hours ish?

Dokey okey, so Saturday morn for Australians.

This reminds me, in about 7 hours when I'm home and fed again, I'll make a timezones masterpost for quick and easy reference.

10. oiShocKWavesv

When you say Friday night, how "night" do you mean? Because I know I am 5 hours ahead of est and 7pm est is my midnight.

11. Legend9468

They're just saying a general time for now, to see if there's interest. If it does change, then there'll probs be a discussion.

12. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

Saturday nights pls :D?

13. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

I think sunday is a good day..but 5pm est is iffy for others...and with events being 2 hours or so its hard to say when a good time is...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

14. oiShocKWavesv

I do think Sunday is a good day, but if the time can't be changed to suit others on that day we may have to fall back to Saturday or Friday evening.

15. Flamestar00

Flamestar00 Active Member VIP

Yay means we aussies can get there. :( We usually can't because of school/ other stuff.

16. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

I never understood why it was on sunday night, and seeing as I can run all of the events minus glass cage and floating ocean, I can do it when nobody else is on ._.

Flamestar00 likes this.
  17. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

I suggested a long time ago to move events to Friday night or Saturday night to help with australians.

Flamestar00 likes this.
  18. bobbylou4

bobbylou4 Well-Known Member Creative Architect

Yea. I can be on whenever on Saturday. I am usually doing HW on Sunday

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

19. Pieman_Is_God

Dynodamon awastedlife anyone else who runs them a fair bit? Dyno you do them alot, why not make a poll to see if people want friday, saturday or sunday? Times could be specified after, would be in the general idea of evening/afternoon though

20. oiShocKWavesv

Also you seem to be talking about nights a lot, just bare in mind for people like me and pie, 7pm est is 12am for us