New FINAL 1.7 map system Poll

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by sharqman, Oct 17, 2013.

?

Which map system do you want to see on the server?

Poll closed Oct 31, 2013.
  1. Option 1

29 vote(s)
    51.8%
  2. Option 2

27 vote(s)
    48.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Edit: We are going with option 1

Option 1:

2 main maps, pvp and peaceful. (Current system)
    - spawn town in peaceful

Option 2:
    1 map, half pvp half peaceful (original SC system)
    - spawn town that will be all peaceful
    - option for a super deadly mob zone between pvp and peaceful
    Please post below if we want to have it so when you reach the border of you are teleported to the other side of the map.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2013
  2. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

Maybe I'm still a little confused about the benefits of combining the maps. If each map automatically wraps to the other side aren't they pretty much still separate maps?

Can I just point out that keeping separate maps has won two polls so far, the first by an overwhelming majority.

3. sharqman

People like the feeling of being able to walk from peaceful to pvp. It worked very well when we had it. In reality I think we only switched so we could get the new 1.8 beta mc terrain, although I wasn't staff at the time.
    How the tping with boarders would work:
    if you are on pvp an walk past the boarder you get tp'd to the appropriate place on the other side of the map. Because our map is a circle it would always be on pvp side if you are in peaceful and vice versa. It would still all be one map. We can have this feature if we choose 2 maps too. It basically creates a sphere feel to the map (going all the way around).

The first poll did not have the split idea. and the second poll was really close, and there were 3 people who voted for the option 3 which is clearly not popular. Those 3 people can sway the poll a certain way so they are pretty significant :p

4. treyman77

treyman77 Active Member

How large is the world going to be?

5. sharqman

same size for 2 maps, 1.5 or 2 x the size if we do 1 map. Most likely 2 if the spawn town is going to be big.

6. CanOpenerTrooper

CanOpenerTrooper Well-Known Member VIP

omg, third thread... why?

7. sharqman

;)

CanOpenerTrooper likes this.
  8. CanOpenerTrooper

ahhh, now I see ;)

9. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

You probably turned some people off the 2nd option :p

xalpha322 likes this.
  10. sharqman

Why does everyone have to be so boring QQ should I mention it would only be above ground? since it would be spawners.
    I feel like all people want to do on our server now is just build hermit shacks and live alone while farming and mining for the rest of their minecraft life.

11. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

It doesn't have to be bundled in with that option though, danger zones could be added with either option. And to make things exciting, why don't we make lightning have a 1% chance of striking a creeper whenever one spawns? :D :D

12. sharqman

I was thinking of having it use mcedit spawners like erik did for Dasoren's treasure. Basically everymob will have diamond armor, some will have enchanted gear, creeper spawner with a chance for charged creeper, and OFC really nice drops.

13. CanOpenerTrooper

The "super deadly mob" part seems rather interesting and unique. I am just leaning towards the 2 worlds instead of 1, Although I was very tempted to vote for option 2.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  14. aarondang

aarondang Active Member

15. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

People would abuse the drops...

16. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

Lmao long as I have my village moved so far from spawn in a desert I'm happy.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

xalpha322 and Flamestar00 like this.
  17. AwesomeGuy2010

AwesomeGuy2010 Active Member

The mob zone sounds good, it would be like a survival of the fittest thing. ;)
    If we could fit that in to Option 1 that would be awesome.

18. Flamestar00

Flamestar00 Active Member VIP

I voted 2 because I think that some new players get confused with the two map system. We also get a bigger map which is a bonus.

19. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

I like the super deadly area would be good for xp and a challenge

20. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

What would you all think of having dungeons placed over the map, and making them protected, so no block breaking, with some nice loots at the end? They would be kinda like the dungeons in link to the past, with some traps, mobs in almost every room, bosses, keys, etc. We would have to have a rule that you can only do 1 dungeon per dungeon refill, and that you need to go for dungeons that suit your preparedness (o0z or I should not be taking the dungeon with regular zombies and a skeleton with regen IV as a boss)

Flamestar00 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.