New FINAL 1.7 map system Poll

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by sharqman, Oct 17, 2013.

?

Which map system do you want to see on the server?

Poll closed Oct 31, 2013.
  1. Option 1

29 vote(s)
    51.8%
  2. Option 2

27 vote(s)
    48.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

While I am in support of option 2, I'll say that the main advantages of the first option are that 1) it's possible to configure plugins per world (have one set up for PvP and one for peaceful) that might not otherwise be possible with one world, and 2) people are used to the two world setup; however, that's not hard to change.

I think option 2 takes the win, though. I've argued my main points in my post above, but I'll add a few more. First off, I don't think the reduced plugin customization is that big of a deal at all. We used to house 70-80 players on a single world -- there's the proof. A single world unquestionably increases server performance, especially compared to the three that we have now. And finally, a single world is much more inviting.

Back in the before times, there was a nice central spawn that people were always running through, a market where all of the player shops would go (there weren't warps separated across thousands of blocks), a mall where you could put shops into categories, and a /warp coliseum where all of the fighting on the server besides town raids would occur. Everything was nice and centralized, and when you wanted to venture off on your own, or go off to create a town, you could just pick a side and walk. I think it would be nice to create that again.

Flamestar00 likes this.
  2. mrtreefingers

mrtreefingers Active Member VIP

I am definitely in favor of option 2. It's what shadecrest was like when I started and I prefer this by far. The amount of players I convinced to walk over from the peaceful side to join me on the PVP side was pretty big, like 10+ over that year. I basically demasculate the men and woo the ladies. Bam, full pvp town.

tree4option2

Flamestar00, Magetime and ndvenckus1 like this.
  3. North_Korean

North_Korean Active Member VIP

It also add's a nice new PvP dynamic you could chase someone all the way to non PvP where they at that point would be considered gotten away.

Sent from my LIFE PLAY using Tapatalk

Ksapple107 likes this.
  4. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

The spawn town would be harder to get into from the pvp side and there would be a wall or wall of mobs in the middle, but I think the border should be fair game.

5. North_Korean

We're still doing a spawn town? I thought that had gotten removed.

ezeiger92 likes this.
  6. sharqman

It'd not going to be as big as it was going to be in the ruled out option 3, Simpe market place/noob town. Unless we want to make that the spawn.

7. North_Korean

Sounds like a spawn to me.

8. ndvenckus1

Yeah, I'm don't really see the purpose of having a spawn town if we're trying to get people to utilize spawn and interact with each other. In the old dome spawn, there were always a ton of people in the spawn because there was a marketplace, a mall, a coliseum, and things that people would use. Cerb's spawn was gigantic overwhelming and there wasn't much a player could really do in it. Our current spawn is small, not as impressive, and there's still not much you can do in it. We need to give people reason to use the spawn, but that doesn't mean there needs to be a spawn town.

PieSquared761 likes this.
  9. Archenemy666

Archenemy666 Active Member VIP

The great god Imaxorz has spoken

10. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

We already did that...numbers dropped n half of the old old players never came back...but what do I know...I'm only a 1 yr player lol

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

sharqman likes this.
  11. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

But... WE is op unit D:

12. ndvenckus1

Could you at least be less vague? If your reasoning for staying with two maps is easier plugin customization per world, then that's fine, and I agree with you. We explained our reasoning for wanting to bring it back. I've experienced them both, and one map just seems to be a lot tighter knit and friendlier to new players, but hey, maybe that's just nostalgia kicking in, and maybe it's not worth the sacrifice of plugin customization.

As far as the reset, it's not like we're resetting to "fix the economy" or whatever the hell the last one was meant for. We just want new terrain, and we want new players to have new terrain. That shouldn't require current players to sacrifice a year's worth of work, and certain long time players to do it for a second time.

13. SpaceCadetKevin

SpaceCadetKevin Well-Known Member VIP

Shadecrest4life. Living out that dirt hut lifestyle.

From the Space phone.

Flamestar00 likes this.
  14. Jeffie0

Jeffie0 Member VIP

IMO the current map system is perfect.

15. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

Technical question regarding the changeover. Will we be able to set separate home locations in the new world so we can warp to our new base and still be able to warp back to our current home in order to transfer inventory?

RoDawg21 likes this.
  16. sharqman

If you are not getting items moved we can get you a temporary warp to your old base.

StephenP67 and RoDawg21 like this.
  17. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

And if we are getting things moved,we gotta wait...am I right? Lol

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

18. StephenP67

Sounds good, thanks.

19. StephenP67

That area just outside peaceful spawn is begging for a reset. What a dump :(

RoDawg21 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.