Spawn

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by sharqman, Oct 20, 2013.

1. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

So I've been thinking of better ways to have a spawn and I've come up with this. This can work whether we have 1 or 2 main maps.

Theme: Mineshaft

Guests will spawn in a mineshaft like area and have to complete the quiz to get out.

Once out there will be a more open area(/warp spawn), but still underground. This will be the portal room, but instead of portals there will be stairs going out(or in for mining world). Once you start on a path it will teleport you to the appropriate place.
    For the peaceful warp it will teleport you to a small noob/starting town with small market plots that will be available for public purchase through embassies.
    For PvP it will either teleport you to a pvp spawn or the pvp side.

We can also easily implement this spawn system for other themes. I just picked mineshaft as that's what came to mind first and it's more minecraft related.

We can have docks and have each portal as a different ship, and the guests can spawn in a jail. We can have airships and have drops for portals, the guests can spawn inside the ships or on clouds.

Feedback is appreciated.

2. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

I seem to have forgotten about events. Anyone have any ideas for it? We could have it on islands like we do now or they can be in the spawn town.

3. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

I'd love to see them in spawn town and then some effort put into making them only require active admin input during events. That way anyone can play any event at any time.

Flamestar00 likes this.
  4. bobbylou4

bobbylou4 Well-Known Member Creative Architect

That could be cool, people could just walk from their house to the events, a kinda downtown like feeling

Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

5. o0z

o0z Member

Ideas, Like I Do

6. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

Edit: if I have time later, I'll separate this into different paragraphs or bullets. For now though, you're stuck with a wall of text :p Have fun!

This is just a rough idea I had, and i want to write it down so I don't forget it. The town should be centered around events, except that events are located in a large central lake. For example, sizzle is at the top of a central volcano. The other events are islands around the volcano; some could even be floating, idk. We use the mineshaft idea, except it's angled so that you can see the surface faintly from the very bottom. Each question is sectioned off, so the mineshaft is divided into rooms with fences at either end. Every right answer moves you up to the next compartment, and gets you closer to the surface. After answering all of the questions correctly, you are teleported to the entrance of the mine, which is a sort of mining hut on the shore of the lake. It exits so that you have a view of the lake, and there's a road heading to the left and right. One side of the road leads to the pvp side of the map, while the other side leads to peaceful. We might even make the different halves separate colors, whatever. There's a small wall of signs on the other side of the road that explains things about the server. For example, it would tell them about towns, where to go for pvp or peaceful, website info. It would also have two signs, located on their respective sides, that people could click on to teleport directly to the side they wanted, rather then having to walk all the way through the spawn town. After this central area is set up, we would shape the town around that. The two roads leading to pvp and peaceful would separate the town in half, and there would be side roads leading off of those. The plots would be located between the roads (This would be tough to do with towny since it's stuck to a grid system, so a WorldGuard town would almost be required).

I came up with a really quick sketch of what I imagine it would look like:
    [​IMG]

7. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

Good idea :p