Arcadia is returning.

Discussion in 'PvP Towns' started by mrtreefingers, Oct 29, 2013.

1. mrtreefingers

mrtreefingers Active Member VIP

I plan on re-building and carrying on the name of the only town Ive ever belonged to. After thinking about whether I should just start a new legacy, free from any strings of the old town/players but I decided that tributing and recreating it would be a better choice.

Soon as we change over to the new map I will purchase and name the town.

I sent a message to Manglor, i'm not positive but I think he would be perfectly fine with it.

So now some opinions. Should I name it....

Arcadia
    New Arcadia
    Arcadia II
    Arcadia Renatus

And are there any good builders out there looking to pioneer this effort with me? I don't plan on opening the town for new residents until the general plot and infrastructure (rail/walkways/spawn) are put into place.

I already have most of the spawn complete and I have the towns shop nearly done, but that is on a peaceful plot and will not be in the town for obvious reasons.

My mission statement for the town.

Arcadia plans on being top of the list in PVP while having the most impressive looking town as possible. It will be of creative quality but in survival.

2. Flamestar00

Flamestar00 Active Member VIP

Arcadia Renatus

I vote the fourth option to make it similar but different

3. treyman77

treyman77 Active Member

I'll be happy to help build some parts of the town. Just so you know though I will only be able to help during the weekends, but I will be able to help build till about 2:00 a.m.

4. Flamestar00

Flamestar00 Active Member VIP

I would help as well.

5. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

Sorry I haven't been as active on the forums as I should be it's been a little chaotic around here, I'm all for you using the name, I do believe my town Naxos collapsed after I lost internet, and I'm not sure if anyone still lives there. I'm going to get back online as soon as I can

6. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

Naxos collapsed while I was busy with school. I didn't know the bank was so low :/ But I'm sure this new town will be better than anything we've done before, especially with tree back. Either way, glad to see you back, mang :p

Mrtree, I would feel wrong not helping with the town. I meant to be more active in the development of Naxos, but I didn't have as much free time as I thought I would. With the cross country season ending, I should have more time than I know what to do with. Also, I think the name "New Arcadia" is easily the best.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  7. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

Sounds great :D

I'm a fan of New Arcadia, it just has a special ring to it that none of the other options have :)

8. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

Neo-Arcadia, my suggestion

hywzerboydy and sharqman like this.
  9. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

I'll gladly help, what type of style are you using?

10. hywzerboydy

hywzerboydy Active Member VIP

I still live in Naxos :p

I would be glad to help, I was assisstant there anyway :p

Also...mrtree! Where the hell have you been?

11. mrtreefingers

New Arcadia it is.

My favorite way to do collaborations on things like this is to assign specific tasks and give people freedom to innovate and make original builds without interfering until they are done.

1# There will be a lot of terraforming, just like Arcadia that I was apart of early on I want there to be buildings that span from near bedrock and then multiple levels all the way up to around 100. This gives the town a more three dimensional look and is by far my favorite way to make towns. I have never been a fan of flat, squarish towns. I don't think im going to do an overhang around the entire town (liek old arcadia) because I know I can find an appealing spot for the new town with really unique, crazy terrain already naturally formed.

This is one of the first things I have to get done because I don't want to put buildings down and then regret placement later on, or have to move them.

2# Underground systems (hidden). Many of our farms and mob grinders will be underground. I just don't want them to be functional rather then impressively built which high ceilings. Wheat, wool, chicken, cow, pig etc. Also going to have a rail system that goes from underground to surface which will tour the town.

-Jasperli is going to help with some of the redstone work and farm systems and basically some other, very very secret underground stuff..

3# Newbie area: When we recruit players I want them to go through a mini-new player tour which should take less than 10 minutes. It will be a small area of town with 3-4 "example" buildings. The first two being types of buildings NOT acceptable in arcadia and the other will be good examples of what we are looking for. I think it would be cool if we had some password locked chests with books in them with clues on how to find something to prove they went through the Arcadia tutorial. Once completed we could reward like 10 diamonds of something.

4# Town vendor stalls: These will not be the main shop for the town - that will be in peaceful with its own warp (/warp ArcShop). I want to have small vendor stalls in town that have bottom prices for common things like food/iron tools/basic building blocks so that new players can be led right there to get initialized so that they can build their home.

5# Each town member should have their own home, so anyone who joins will be able to freely pick their plot (while getting it final approved) and then once their home is done we will connect a custom walkway to the front door and attach it to the towns main walkway.

6# Need a large dam and lake in town with a fishing pier. I want to make this is the river biome to get the fishing bonus.

7# Traps!: We are going to scatter fall traps and other types throughout the town

8# PVP Hall of Fame: Building decorated and dedicated to all the glory that comes with PVP. Actual 8x8 heads recreated and put up on the wall of our favorite PVPers

9# Griefer Hall of Fame: Anyone who is a douche will have their head placed on the wall in this special building

10# Party room/Auction House

Much more!

I have already talked to a few people privately but most of the stuff above is planned in thought but nothing physically down. Really I can't push forward with even a theme until I see the biome/terrain. Really excited about stained glass.

Flamestar00 likes this.
  12. hywzerboydy

I don't think we should have a theme as such, old Arcadia was different pretty much anywhere you went

13. mrtreefingers

Ive opened a new restaurant in this past year and it took up a lot of time! Winter season is here and I dumped my girlfriend and I need to save money so minecraft is my perfect medicine!

14. hywzerboydy

You opened a restaurant, pretty cool, how's it going?