Glass carpet/fly mod

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by mrtreefingers, Nov 1, 2013.

1. mrtreefingers

mrtreefingers Active Member VIP

I heard this was discontinued due to people abusing it in PVP. Is there anyway to revisit this problem ad find a way to give this option? As a creative survivalist I would definately pay 10k+ to use it for 24 hours. It's crazy to think people would waste all those rupees to break the rules .

2. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

Not a bad thought,I'd use it just to keep an eye on my village from above instead of running around...guess its all on what the staff peeps say

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

3. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

I think it was discontinued because the mod became discontinued/buggy, but I am uncertain.

sharqman likes this.
  4. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

It was really buggy, you can just place blocks up to where you need to be :p

5. mrtreefingers

Sharq, the buildings that I make can span up to 125 and the detail work is really hard to do and time consuming. I'll leave it alone, I just can't imagine that theres no other way we can work this out for the honest players who want to build awesome stuff in survival.

6. CanOpenerTrooper

CanOpenerTrooper Well-Known Member VIP

What is the point of building in survival if you can just glitch or fly...? creative.shadecrest.com <---

7. PieSquared761

The satisfaction of finishing a build with items you worked hard to get will always be more satisfying to me.

8. CanOpenerTrooper

CanOpenerTrooper Well-Known Member VIP

Won't the satisfaction be greater if you didn't use fly mods or glitches...?

9. PieSquared761

Nope, because we could get the same result by pillaring, it's just that it wouldn't take as long. No advantage that you wouldn't have normally other than speed/efficiency.

10. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

When I was an Admin on a server (Not SC), we had this, and the problem was, not only would people abuse it in PVP, but survival as well. They would fly over lava, go just over mobs to attack them without taking damage, etc. If you need to build somewhere high up, I suggest getting a weak block like snow or dirt and pillaring/nerd poling. Just break it after. It's not hard, it's not dangerous, (as long as you are sneaking), and it works just as well. Plus, you get bonus "satisfaction" from the more materials used in the process. Double win!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
    trukklob, Flamestar00 and Legend9468 like this.
  11. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

Actually the best way to pillar is 2 dirt, and then gravel or sand. When you're done, break the bottom dirt, place Redstone/torch/sapling etc, break the top dirt, and then the gravel/sand will all drop.

Mega_Spud and Legend9468 like this.
  12. kizzyfazzle

kizzyfazzle Active Member VIP

Well personally if it would cost a lot, I personally wouldn't spend my money for something which I can find alternatives to do for free... But I guess those into building on survival would like it.... I remember how hard it was building in night time while its raining.

13. mrtreefingers

Pie answered this, I enjoy survival gameplay more than creative. I'm not going to switch my server just so I can fly all the time.

No, no it wouldnt.

And to everyone else talking about building scaffolding, ya I know.... Doesn't everyone do this?

I don't want it permanently. Nobody has to buy it, and if its expensive enough then people wouldnt use it to attack mobs because it simply wouldn't be worth the trade of rupies for exp. I take it that its glitched, thats a good reason not to use it - however there doesnt seem to be any other good reasons that good moderation and regulations wouldn't fix. If you buy it and rent it for a day and then are caught using it incorrectly it could be a long-term ban.

For me its about TIME. I can do really tedious detail work in a fraction of the time. There was a time when I had a fly mod on survival ALL the time - and I never abused it and had it for months and months. Those were the days....

14. mrtreefingers

I use it to do trim work on tall tall buildings after the initial foundations are laid... like this

[​IMG]

And I do a lot of terraforming and mountain creating and doing the stone inlay on these overhangs is a pain... like here..

[​IMG]

15. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

I uh, cried a little after I saw the second picture D: I liked arcadia better filled with ghasts and TNT >:D

I see no reason why we shouldn’t have something to help out people who want a little edge while building, and with proper moderation, rule breakers can be easily caught and punished.

16. epic_poke8

Sometimes the entities of the sand or dirt glitch and you phase into them and then they push you off, so I usually just use dirt.

17. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

If I hold shift I don't get pushed off but I do take damage when I get glitched into a block.

Glitching certainly makes scaffolding a challenge. Like getting pushed off, falling to your death, going back for your stuff, making another tower to get back where you were. One of the reasons my giant statue remains unfinished.

18. kizzyfazzle

kizzyfazzle Active Member VIP

I think he kinda means if you place blocks too fast sand tends to glitch out and knock you off because it squishes you.

19. epic_poke8

20. SpaceCadetKevin

SpaceCadetKevin Well-Known Member VIP

Yes that does tend to happen.

It would be nice to have something like the glass carpet back or any sort of fly mod. Perhaps, in addition to paying a fee, any player wanting access to the mod should have to fill out a little "paper work" beforehand to be reviewed by an admin. Abuse of the mod should have very clear and very dire consequences.

From the Space phone.

Flamestar00 likes this.