Glass carpet/fly mod

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by mrtreefingers, Nov 1, 2013.

1. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

That sounds pretty good, actually.

2. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

“So I just sign here and- YOUR CONTRACT HAS BEEN SEALED!"

3. MelinaHites

MelinaHites Active Member VIP

Mod was super buggy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. NMBr2d2

I'm bumping this because I don't want to make a thread for it. I would kill for the use of magic carpet right now, and I am not very interested in pillaring up 200 blocks just to build a bit.
    http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/magiccarpet/ is the link to the updated version of the plugin.

oiShocKWavesv likes this.
  5. SpaceCadetKevin

SpaceCadetKevin Well-Known Member VIP

Keep in mind Nifix, if we bring it back...

I can show you the woooorld.

From the Space phone.

Mega_Spud and Nifix like this.
  6. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

What else did they abuse other than using it in pvp

7. NMBr2d2

Thats better.

8. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

It's maybe 30 seconds extra work to pillar up with gravel or sand, then 2 minutes to make a platform and a few to destroy it when you're done.

Building isn't meant to be easy in survival

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

BurningIce2, Mega_Spud, Nifix and 3 others like this.
  9. NMBr2d2

Because I haven't had a hard enough time building beforehand. You're taking this like I want it to be a VIP perk or something. I just want to be able to fly around for a day to get all the bases done on my airships.

Nifix and SpaceCadetKevin like this.
  10. NMBr2d2

I don't care how one would get it, I just want it available with a set price tag so people can't dangle it above your head like a jackass T_T

11. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

I personally don't think we should add this again, but if majority vote is against me, I've got a few things I'd like to note.

You can prevent PvP on the carpet with the config, and you can prevent the carpet from entering designated worldguard regions, so players don't use it in spawn world, near PvP spawn, etc. Plus, if we gave it out from voting, we could give you a tag that designates you as the honorable carpet bearer, and you could be watched closely. So security isn't much of an issue.

And now for my opinion. I'm in complete agreement with moose. This is a survival server, isn't it? Magical, flying glass carpets aren't part of survival. Not only does this steer away from vanilla survival. It changes the building aspect of it as a whole. Idc how much easier this will make building; survival building is not supposed to be easy. If you want to fly while you build, go to creative.

Nifix likes this.
  12. NMBr2d2

We aren't a vanilla server, and since when are your sharp VI and VII swords vanilla? Pvp isn't supposed to be easy. If you want to kill people on full diamond in 2 shots go play on some mini-game server.

13. NMBr2d2

I'm fine with it, but all powerful final decision god ndv doesn't want it so I guess we don't need it.

14. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

The legendary items are actually something I was going to mention in my post, but left out for sake of briefness. The thing is, a sharp VII sword in PvP is very different from flying while building. Legendary items create tools more powerful than the game would normally allow. Magic carpet changes the building aspect of the game altogether.

Random0ne likes this.
  15. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

As a compromise, why not have it gained by voting (rare chance) and only enabled in the peaceful/mining worlds?

Just how I see it. One of the concerns is unbalanced pvp, so not having it in pvp world would help that, and if people fell off the edges of it, then that's kinda their own fault for getting on in the first place.

The only things it would serve to unbalance in peaceful would be building ease (which I see as fair, considering the amount of votes needed to get this thing hopefully), and getting away from mobs.

DeeeezNutz likes this.
  16. Dynodamon

Dynodamon Well-Known Member

I have a hard time seeing the flying carpet as a bad thing for a survival server when we allow people to basically warp wherever they want. We also have a ridiculous event called 'glass cage.' I guess it's all in the perspective.

Sent from the Sea

17. NMBr2d2

There is no need to have it off in pvp because there IS no pvp.

oiShocKWavesv likes this.
  18. Padaun

Padaun Well-Known Member VIP

it's still a PvP world, is it not? Better safe than sorry

19. SpaceCadetKevin

SpaceCadetKevin Well-Known Member VIP

No glass carpet for pvp map.

From the Space phone.

20. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

That's like saying peaceful doesn't get towns.