Glass carpet/fly mod

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by mrtreefingers, Nov 1, 2013.

1. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

No it's like saying peaceful doesn't get gm 1

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

2. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

No it's really not :p

3. SpaceCadetKevin

SpaceCadetKevin Well-Known Member VIP

It is in no way like saying peaceful doesn't get towns. The main things to do in peaceful are mine, farm, build, kill mobs... basic minecraft gameplay. Pvp obviously has all that too, but it's more like crap you have to sift through to become a better pvper and you don't need a magical flying carpet to do so.

My real point is the carpet should be used strictly for building purposes.

From the Space phone.

4. oiShocKWavesv

Yeah, and if it gets used in for pvp, they get banned. Simple as.

5. oiShocKWavesv

That's the best way I can see here, and would the carpet be permanent? Like once you get it you'll have it forever? (I assume not)

6. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

You're killing yourself here. YOU get creative mode in peaceful, not me. What stops you from using it? Nothing. Nobody would question it, so why can't I fly for a day?

oiShocKWavesv likes this.
  7. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

Isn't that simple? He's a long time player and admin. We can't trust just any average Joe to not abuse something like this. It will happen. If you ask me, if you want want to fly to build, go to creative. The two servers exist for a reason.

As far as the PvP abuse, like I said, the config allows you to prevent players from PvPing while using the carpet. However, it doesn't prevent them from flying into the air and running away from a fight.

If we go through with it, it will without a doubt be attained from voting so we can keep a watchful eye on the players who have it, and keep users to a controlled minimum.

8. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

What makes Majestic_Moose different from XXXPRODXXX, or different from Zealotio. or different from KorkyOfRoblox, or different from Dasoren?

9. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

How bout this, make it a VIP perk that can be available for (for discussion) and you would have to pay (some amount) and you get it for 24 hours. Just throwing it out there

10. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

i still think a voting award would be nice

11. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

It seems to me that it would be best as a voting and/or events reward. VIP already gets some pree sweet benefits on survival.

Is there anyway so we can set it so that it uses the cooldown timer for pvp? (Assuming that's still a thing)
    Players won't be able to use it while the timer's on, meaning they have to escape/fight as usual. Builders normally don't get into pvp, so it wouldn't really affect them.
    By builders, I mean people who are building, not just anyone interested in construction.

DeeeezNutz likes this.
  12. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

The problems I see with it being a rare chance reward from voting are:
    1. People won't vote for a CHANCE for something, people barely vote for a 100% chance for 900r
    2. Some people wouldn't even use it, giving no incentive to vote

That said, I believe that glass carpet is extremely useful for what I use survival for (building, I prefer to gather my materials rather than just instantly have an infinite supply of them. Playing since beta 1.4 kind of did that to me, idk), and I think it should be implemented in another way.

This has probably already been stated, but 10,000r for 24 hours seems fair. This is accessible to almost anyone, and would take the hundreds of thousands of useless rupies out of some people's accounts. If people abuse it, it shouldn't be hard to just ban them from using it again or from the server.

13. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Not sure if people would have a problem with this.

But in regards to some players not using it, why not have a system where it would be sold off for an owner-set price? It's a useful tool and would probably sell reasonably well.

Also, people do use their money ingame for a chance to win back more money in the lotteries. While not the same system, it is a similar concept.

14. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

A compromise I'd be kind of OK with is if we could config it to only work above y100

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

15. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

I agree with niffy...if u wanna fly go on creative or single player...as for voting bring on rewards other than the money lol....I vote from my phone cuzz it's easier for me

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk