Tech INN

Discussion in 'Shop and Trade' started by TheTechGeek245, Dec 6, 2013.

?

Will the Hotel work

1. yeah no doubt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. mabe depending on the location

23.1%
  3. yes if you change a bit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. no your prices are too high

7.7%
  5. no the hotel is a bad idea

15.4%
  6. no i know the hotel wont work based on expirence

23.1%
  7. cant decide you made the poll too complicated

30.8%
  1. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

ok guys i have come up with the idea of making a hotel each page is a floor
    R=room
    GBR or GR= guest bed room
    LVR=living room
    PR=portal room
    each guest room will have beds, a large chest, and decor
    charging
    *per visit*
    100r regular guest room (quantity 4 )
    150r Luxary guest room (quantity 1)
    the way this works is i have a chest shop selling written books each book has a code to a rooms chest and door (if doors can be locked)
    if this hotel is sucessful i will make more i also will have my home warp set to it
    /home TheTechGeek245 (not actuall warp yet)
    my warp isnt public right now
    REMEMBER TO VOTE ON THE POLL SCN_0001-page-002.jpg SCN_0001-page-003.jpg SCN_0001-page-004.jpg SCN_0001-page-005.jpg

2. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

I am sorry to burst your bubble, but hotels are not as successful as you think, especially with price over time. And how did you already get enough money for a warp? I thought you've only been here a week or two.

3. Dynodamon

Dynodamon Well-Known Member

4. TheTechGeek245

umm the home warp you can make it public

5. Ralk75

Ralk75 Active Member

It would be better if it was apartments but I still think it not many people would want to.

6. TheTechGeek245

it would be for the people starting off so they could get as far away from spawn as possible with having resources nearby anyways are the floor plans any good?

when i said visit i ment untill they like left the hotel to go to the house they made or moved on not every time they return

7. Ralk75

Ralk75 Active Member

It's 11:00 I'm not going through those all now :p

8. TheTechGeek245

its 10 here

9. waterpower1

waterpower1 Active Member

Hotels in minecraft generally don't get many players as they rely upon other people recommending it (quite hard to do if no one comes). Really, you want a place where there is going to be lots of players living there; a large town is the first place that comes to mind. If you ask some of the staff members of the popular towns you will probably be allowed to build a hotel for new residents.

10. TheTechGeek245

problem is my hotel is too big for a city block

11. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

It really isn't, it's a slightly larger than normal house true, but it isn't that big.

Building upon Water's point. Why would we want a hotel when towns offer so many more benefits for a better price?

My idea would be to open it in a pvp town as a safe haven for anyone who wants to start in pvp but doesn't have a home yet. Do not allow them to alter the room in any way apart from chest contents, and only have a double chest in there, this is enough storage for a short period of time, but will force them to move out and make their own home.

I think most mayors would allow this when they realise that it boosts town numbers for a time.

I would alter the quantity of luxury guest rooms by one, and have about a half dozen double chests in there, allowing them to actually live out of it. Also raise the price of it to about 600r, not sure you quite grasp server economics yet, but you can make around 900r from voting once a day.

Last thing, make a draft of it first ingame, either on SSP or on the creative server. This allows you to get an idea of what you need to do, alterations that need to be made, and possible advice from others.

12. waterpower1

waterpower1 Active Member

A hotel is very risky, but if you do put it in a town then it will have a higher chance of working.

Price wise, you need something that many of the new players can afford with just 30 minutes of game play a week, your 100r (or 10 iron ingots) is a good idea. Anything much over that will require more activity and more dedication to the server (to legend, the people who are voting regually almost all already have good houses).

Onto the room decorations; everyone likes living in a well designed and decorated room. If you really want people to come and stay you will need design a very appealing living space, for this you might want to bring in a creative server architect.

13. Legend9468

Good point regarding the money.

As for room decorations, there aren't actually that many Archs floating around these days since we got the apprentice rank. This is also why I said prototype on the creative server, easier to get opinions and change stuff.

14. stlnaturals

stlnaturals Member VIP

Hehe Apprentice <<<< :D

15. Legend9468

I are so going to make a hotel in competition >:) (I'll give you a months headstart, or whenever the 1.7 maps come into effect, it shall be ma new home.)

Competitive business economy on the server outside of chest shops would be tots awesome tho.

16. TheTechGeek245

remember that im throwing a bunch of wiring into this place
    1 3x2 redstone door
    night lights surrounding the building
    stairs to the dorrs will go into the ground (zombie defence)
    this house will be 100 percent secure
    plus some small lighting areas
    i am going to expand to possibly having 4 hotels 2 for each pvp peaceful area

its not like im losing money im just wasting my time the
    structure in peaceful will generally be made out of wood and stone brick stair roof
    structure in pvp will be hardened clay (probably because doesnt burn and spread for the greifers so they might leave it alone

17. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

I have heard of 3x3 doors, and I can do a 2x4 door easy. How do I do a 3x2?

18. North_Korean

North_Korean Active Member VIP

Some towns don't go by towny blocks I know I definitely don't. But another thing you should think about is long term revenue. If voting gets you (500r?) Then why not charge 250r for first night plus check in; then subsequently 100r per night.

19. TheTechGeek245

3x2 door 3 high 2 wide i do al the wiring myself

20. TheTechGeek245

im not looking to get my money back fast since this idea is still in its prototype phase i will see what works with me