No More Ores!

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by epic_poke8, Dec 9, 2013.

1. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

Recently, I needed cash for a chest lock. So I voted, which comes up to problem #1:
    Voting is broken for me. Almost all of the 9 websites said "Syn.Error" and I ended up only getting 300r.
    So, I opened a chest, and grabbed some ingots, and ran to the oreshop, where problem #2 pops up on my screen.
    Changing the ingots to ores in the oreshop!?
    I am not VIP V, chest locks are expensive, and thus my storage space is limited. I cannot afford to keep all my ores as ores, I need blocks. I heard it is happening because of automatic Golem farms, which if that IS the reason, auto farming mobs is illegal, if I do recollect correctly. And gold too? Gold is rare-ish and pigen are not too easy too kill. If you can easily kill a group of pigmen legally, then you can most likely get the equipment to mine very well, and get rich. Please keep oreshop with ingots!

2. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

heheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey, if you read the giant post on the front of the site, you'd be aware of what's going on :D Iron and gold farms will be allowed after the map refresh.

3. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

It is ingots?

4. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

There's a neat notification telling me that it will be changed to ores after the 1.7 update :D

5. majestic_moose

I'm going to assume there's a banner on the forums that I can't see?

If we are switching to ore, I'll make sure I've got plenty of rupies and lots of room for people to sell iron ingots to me. Gold? No way.

6. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Anyone would think it's impossible to store items in normal chests.

7. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

Just outlaw those 2 farms and leave the shops how they are, storage can be an issue when you mine a lot :/

Flamestar00 likes this.
  8. Legend9468

Simple, just chest lock for the actual important things.

I'm happy if a random takes some of my cobble because there's so freakin much of it.

9. THEdeadRETURNED

When your iron alone would take almost a full double chest, processed blocks seem like a much nicer idea

10. Legend9468

Different playstyles I suppose. I don't maintain massive amounts of excess of stuff I don't need.

11. THEdeadRETURNED

Fair enough

12. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

Too much to read >.> I'm going to assume you're talking about Iron Golem and Pigmen farms are going to break the economy...? Just a thing to add on, Iron Golem farms are hardly inefficient and you would hardly make a profit off of one along with the server being able to provide that much power to let everyone do this...

Instead of making it more complicated with the ore shop, why not just have max/blat / majestic_moose(who is apparently in charge of the voting sites)/ sharqman / Dynodamon fix the damn voting sites. They still need to be fixed and it's been almost a year. Sorry if I sound harsh about it, but if people are still complaining about voting sites not working, then that's a huge issue since voting is what brings in a large portion of our players.

13. majestic_moose

btw you're supporting the argument being made
    I don't have access to server console, plugins, config, etc or anything to do with the website, so yeah. Also, the problem isn't with voting sites (except with the craftstats link, should be minecraft serverlister), it's with votifier. People can still vote, they just won't be rewarded for it.

14. epic_poke8

Anyone would think people would not steal from normal chests.

15. epic_poke8

Ugh, can someone just buy me VIP V on survival so I can get a discount?

16. QuietSea

I figured you probably wouldn't be able to fix it since it's a console problem. :S And yeah, the oreshop should stay the way it is and just have the voting sites fixed. ez pz, lemon squeezy case closed bring in the dancing lobsters! (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  17. epic_poke8

[​IMG]

QuietSea likes this.
  18. Dynodamon

Dynodamon Well-Known Member

So I just checked all the voting websites....
    Looks like I managed to get money from five of them.
    CS doesn't work for obvious reasons.
    MinecraftServerFinder seems to be having issues with votifier.
    Minecraft-Server-List seemed to have borked for me. I voted but it doesn't seem to count it.

Minestatus, planetminecraft, minecraftservers.net, minecraftservers.org, and minecraft-mp all seem to be running correctly.

I'll see what I can work on today.

Flamestar00 likes this.
  19. QuietSea

20. Dynodamon

Dynodamon Well-Known Member

I'm in contact with minecraft.serverlister.com in order to reclaim our voting page.
    Everything checks out on our end with MinecraftServerFinder so I assume something is messed up there.
    http://minecraft-server-list.com/server/101684/ if someone could test that while they are online that would be great. I think I fixed what was wrong, but i've already voted for today.