No More Ores!

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by epic_poke8, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

The point being made was that a massive influx of ingots from the new mobs farms (Gold from zombie pigmen and iron from golems) would wreck the server economy as places like Moose's store would go broke from buying it all up. The suggestion then was made to just change it to buying up the ores instead of ingots, so that it still encourages people to mine.

Flamestar00 and QuietSea like this.
  2. QuietSea

QuietSea Well-Known Member VIP

Yeah it makes a lot more sense. At first I thought, gold/iron farms weren't that efficient until I saw docm break the game once again :I

3. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

Why not just keep farms illegal...

Flamestar00 likes this.
  4. QuietSea

Beats me :/ I just found out about this new addition...

Flamestar00 likes this.
  5. epic_poke8

Just out of curiosity QuietSea, how much power do you have over survival?

6. Legend9468

You know how here you have discussion threads for different matters.

Well there's an admin only section of the forums (and a mod one if you want to be politically correct). Threads there are open to discussion, but survival admins tend to know more about the impact of things on their server and vice versa for creative.

So while we have some form of power on the survival forums, that doesn't necessarily translate in game; although quite a few players recognise the admins, and we can and do help to resolve issues on all the servers. (Like all players should do, that's one of the qualities we look for in new mods/admins *hint hint*)

QuietSea and bobbylou4 like this.
  7. epic_poke8

I don't wan't to be an admin. I was an admin once, and worked so hard, my brain pooped.

8. Legend9468

Just a general hint for most players out there who read this thread. Not aimed at anyone in particular.

9. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

I don't know if that was in real time as far as spawning rates in the first minute but if it is 100+ iron ingots a minute sounds pretty economy breaking.

10. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

so, outlaw golem and pigman farms, let us have our EXP farms D:

11. StephenP67

Yeah especially considering the XP cost of repairing enchanted tools I don't have an issue with generating XP through farming.

12. QuietSea

Pretty much what legend said. Main survival admins tend to have final say in the decisions made on survival, and same goes for whatever happens on creative with creative staff. But that doesn't restrict both servers from helping each other out, giving suggestions, forum things, modreqs, etc
    tl;dr I help out with things and the main admins call the shots c:
    I know this is getting off topic but since you were wondering ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  13. epic_poke8

OK, so who is in charge of oreshop?

14. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

You have a hording problem. You don't need to keep your ores, just sell them to the ore shop if you can't keep them. By doing this you'll also get money to lock your chests.

As for actual reasons why we shouldn't change it to ores, which haven't really been brought up, I guess we'll just outlaw iron golem and pigmen farms.

15. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

:D

16. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

Yeah because allowing mob farms will only affect iron and gold... Don't forget enchanted items, which means more fortune 3/eff 4 which means more diamonds. Actually pretty much everything will be easier and faster to collect.

Also smelting iron is a good way for XP, and ingots are 9x more efficient for storage, so there goes that advantage for mining.

Smelting

17. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

If this is put in place then the shops will probably have to change the price for books or just not sell them, if I was going for an xp farm I'd use endear man. You get butt tonnes of xp and those useful enderpearls.

18. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

I actually don't care what happens lol...I got ores I can sell in new map or to smelt now n sell now....probably would be best to smelt ya ores n sell to get enough money to relock those chests once the move happens...specially for the regular players that have the exspensive lock...only 400r for me and I got 55k lol

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

treegrit likes this.
  19. StephenP67

I believe we are being credited enough money to relock all our chests.

20. QuietSea

Okay if we really do end up changing the oreshop, can we please make it widely known so that people hoarding their gold/iron ingots can sell their stuff BEFORE this change?