[DENIED]the_reminator98's NEW mod app

Discussion in 'Requests and Reports' started by Rem, Dec 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

What is your IGN?
    the_reminator98

Have you ever been banned from this server? If so, explain.
    Unless you want to count Pieman banning me for doing a dislike on his youtube video, but no i haven't
    Are you 14 or older?
    I am 14 :D

Are you mature enough to be considered?
    I believe i'm mature. Despite recent incidents, i don't think that shows that i'm immature.
    Do you have any past staff experiences in minecraft ?
    I was trial mod on survival for 3 weeks

When were you first seen on the server?
    August 2nd, 2013

How much playtime do you have(subtract afk time)?
    My ontime is 7 days 21 hours 7 min (and continuing)

Do you have teamspeak/smartphone with tapatalk?
    I have Teamspeak. I also have skype
    What time zone do live in?
    I live in the Arizona time zone

With respect to your timezone, what times do you play?
    I play everyday ranging from 1 hour to 12+hours.

Do you actively vote? If no why not?
    I do but for some reason it doesnt like me so i rarely do it
    Is there any time in the foreseeable future that you will be gone for a week or more?
    No not that i know of. i will tell admins if i do

What sets you apart? Why should you be picked?
    I believe i'm different from all the other players. I'm helpful and welcoming to the new players. i already know what to do also as a trial mod. I've shown i can be a mod i believe.

2. Flamestar00

Flamestar00 Active Member VIP

The only complaint I have is that you can take the trolling a bit too far to the point where it's just irritating. Apart from that I think you would make a great mod!

3. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

Didnt your trial like just end?

4. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

If I could I would vote yes. You're a great person to be around and you make a great trial mod. I still think that even in light of recent events you should still be trial mod and it shouldn't have been taken from you in the first place.

Rem likes this.
  5. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

I would like to hear why you didn't get mod from your trial mod period.

The trial run is to see how you do as a mod, if you don't get promo from it, then doesn't that mean they made the decision that you wouldn't make a good moderator?

Flamestar00, sharqman and ndvenckus1 like this.
  6. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

Seriously no you don't want to know,though ask a survival staff member and I'm sure you won't get much of an answer...just saying.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

7. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

Ik why i did, i'm not going to talk about it on the forums...

8. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

Legend mentioned exactly what I'm about to say. Your trial period was cut short just THREE DAYS AGO. The only reason a trial mod gets cut short is because it's determined that you're not fit for mod. At least wait a month or so, and try to prove that you've changed... Reapplying for mod directly after you are demoted shows that you don't believe your actions were wrong, and you don't believe you should have been demoted, which is wrong. I don't understand your logic behind going right back into an application like this.

Flamestar00, sharqman and Alan321 like this.
  9. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

well i have no other choice then to withdraw so i dont anger anymore staff members :/

10. ndvenckus1

Oh, please don't pull this. This is what young, banned players do in their ban appeals; it's not what a mod applicant should be doing, pulling the "innocent guy who's hated by the staff members" card, because that's far from what's going on. I'm not as much angry with you as I am bewildered why you would you thought the best thing to do after being demoted was to make another mod app, and more importantly, not include any reasons as to how you've learned/changed from your demotion experience. Instead, you just included the typical "i'm super mature and i think i would be a good mod." If you must withdraw your application, go ahead, but I'd like to at least know that you understand the points I'm making here first.

11. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

alright fine. i didn't know it was a bad idea. my apologies

12. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

People who don't know much about a situation shouldn't comment on them thinking they do. Then definitely shouldn't make it worse by verbally attacking the someone when they make a sincere comment. Sorry but, not cool in my opinion.

Rem likes this.
  13. North_Korean

North_Korean Active Member VIP

First of all I think he was doing a just fine job. Every time I get on rem is on I'd even wager he is one of the more active school aged persons on the server. His actions weren't wrong he was having some fun. What I don't understand is your reasoning that you think his actions were wrong? It's not like I haven't heard over half the staff do stupid stuff such as that. Only difference is someone got 'annoyed' and decided that instead of muting him he got his ranked he worked for taken away.

Now another problem I have with your post is
    Now isn't he allowed his opinion? If he doesn't believe his actions were wrong it just shows he can think. Instead of just being told he is wrong and should feel bad he is able to understand that the punishment is more severe then the action and therefore fundamentally wrong.

Anyways that is my opinion on the matter.

14. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

Who are you actually talking to, and if you replied directly to that person, would this post be relevant to the mod app? I don't see why this post needs to be so vague.

The whole group involved in the face-spam incident were asked to stop by 2 moderators, multiple times. Sure, it wasn't 'guest macro spam', but it wasn't what we want to see from staff members.

15. North_Korean

Smallfryz and who was the other moderator?

16. ndvenckus1

First off, I'm not sure who it is you're referring to. If it's me, I know exactly what happened. And secondly, nothing Rem has said thus far has been even remotely sincere, just vague and thoughtless.
    Having some fun? Is that your excuse for nonstop spamming of the chat, after being asked to stop by other staff members? If a member or guest did something on this level, do you know what would have happened? They would have been banned. A staff member, in my opinion, deserves even less leeway. Staff members are supposed to be the role models and rule enforcers of the server! What kind of example is this setting?

17. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

i take offence to that :/

18. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

bobbylou. He requested offtopic to not be spammed, use staff instead. The spam went to staff for a few seconds, and then returned to offtopic.

I kinda already, you know, replied to both of these comments in the same order :/

19. ndvenckus1

And yet you give me another example to support my argument! Everything you've said has been a vague one-liner, ranging from the answers in your app to your responses in this thread. If you honestly believe what you did wasn't wrong, and that you deserve to become a mod after it, especially with this little time passed, then tell me why. All you've given here is vague responses and frowny faces.

This is ridiculous that we're even having this argument. Nmb and Quiet as staff members, and you after being given an opportunity as a trial mod, should realize your wrongdoings and own up to them. Instead, you're just liking each other's posts and instigating more argument.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  20. North_Korean

You really like judging people? You said it the best
    Why be sincere when he believe his actions were fine? Honestly I agree with rem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.