SteamCity

Discussion in 'Server Media' started by Legend9468, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Coming 2014

sioutdoors and oiShocKWavesv like this.
  2. treyman77

treyman77 Active Member

3. Dman2416

Dman2416 Active Member

¿Que?

4. Legend9468

*Hint*
    I plan on discontinuing work on my build Steamtown.

oiShocKWavesv likes this.
  5. Flamestar00

Flamestar00 Active Member VIP

WHAT!?

6. Legend9468

Oh right, I forgot to say that.

Due to its size and complexity, continued work would require me to reconstruct all of the infrastructure to accommodate a larger population (Wider roads, less steep sections, carts, etc). So therefore I decided to tie up some loose ends and stop work on it.

Flamestar00 and oiShocKWavesv like this.
  7. Flamestar00

Fair enough. What are you going to do now :p

8. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

Good Luck!

9. Legend9468

Someone evidently missed the title of the thread

Flamestar00 and stlnaturals like this.
  10. Flamestar00

Wait what...

Oh your making SteamCity!

OMG THAT IS AWESOME!!!!! :D :D

I feel stupid now....

11. Legend9468

Also, once the build is more established and I have a better idea of what's going on. I shall be accepting help.

Builders will need to be:
    • Able to work in the style of the build. I will be asking for evidence.
    • Independant, I hope to be able to indicate a section of the city for them to work on, and then that's just about it. Detailing questions would be fine.
    There will be a few other points which I'll think of later, when I'm actually thinking about opening applications. It'll probs just be a paragraph of my personal thoughts regarding building.

EDIT: Pls don't apply now. I'm going to be building liek, a dozen buildings first before opening applications.

12. sioutdoors

sioutdoors Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Please keep us updated I love your build style

Ksapple107 likes this.
  13. Legend9468

First building 100% finished in the build.

Not quite as large or elaborate as my previous towers; but I figure they're built for two different scenarios.

[​IMG]

14. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

I'll apply but got to finish my project first

15. Legend9468

First stage of the build is open to inspection for a few days.

Warp is called LegendTemp

16. Legend9468

I build slowly, so I have a lot of time to come up with backgrounds for the narratives that I make. So I may also post ideas and concepts here for the build. Pretty much consider this thread a partial blog.

17. Legend9468

I was thinking about putting in a very strong class divide for the city. At the warp you may notice a wall and a glowstone "Later", that was just going to be the upper class area with a cathedral and such (#spoilers).

but now I'm thinking I want to drive a massive contrast between the two halves; doing the poorer/middle class side in the medieval-steampunk for which I am know, and then make the other half really Victorian/Edwardian.

18. Legend9468

[​IMG]

One of the things that I like about building is how in control I am of the build, and how malleable builds actually are. Here is where I realised a building was too small to do anything useful, so I converted the inside to a staircase, and what you see here is the beginning of a small rooftop walk. It doesn't lead anywhere, but I like to imagine that the residents like to come here every now and again just for a quiet evening reading a book or something.

Edit: I just realised I committed a cardinal sin with the walkway by making it all out of oak wood. This shall soon be fixed.

Ksapple107 likes this.