[WITHDREW]cerburus's Mod Application

Discussion in 'Requests and Reports' started by cerburus, Dec 26, 2013.

?

Do you think I will be a good Moderator?

1. Yes

69.2%
  2. No

30.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

I don't count but I was around when cerb was one...I think he did an awesome job

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

2. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Interesting to note that he hasn't responded to any of this.

3. cerburus

cerburus Member VIP Creative Architect

I am sorry for my silence throughout this forum scuffle or whatever you wish to call it. I felt that a reply from me would only incite more drama from the parties involved and create more headaches for the staff that have to deal with the aftermath.

You will have to excuse the absences but I do have college to worry about and, since I will be graduating this May, a full time job in the somewhat near future. I said something to this effect in the mod app and, as stated before, I will be on as much as I can while trying to make sure I can still get through my school work.

I won't deny trolling or the frequency you put forward but to be fair, nearly everyone on ts trolls each other on a similar basis. Not to say that the fact that everyone does it makes it ok, I just felt the need to point that out.

It's interesting to note that when I do this North as well as several others respond in kind. This does not mean that the behavior is right, I just thought I would bring that up. This, as well as the trolling, is not something I would do when dealing with more serious matters that staff members are faced with. As stated in the app I can be mature when the time calls for it, meaning dealing with staff jobs, new players and such.

Most of what goes on in regular chat is not directed at me and I usually do not have anything worthwhile to put into chat. I usually keep my talking to ts because those are the people I am talking to. There is no need to clog up chat if you can use voice to accomplish the same thing. If you are referring to commenting on people inquiring about rules or yelling in caps, the former is probably looking for a staff response and the latter is just spam since it does little to mitigate the behavior and only serves to fill up the chat with the word "caps".

There is little on the forums that would require my two cents. If someone asks for my opinion on something, i will give it but otherwise, I will keep to myself or the teamspeak group I have grown comfortable around.

I fail to see what this has to do with anything regarding a mod app. I never said that my building capabilities were a reason I should get a staff position.

You will have to clarify on the trash talking because I have never said anything to the effect of shadecrest being a bad place. If you are saying the server dying comments are trash talk then yes, I did say that and I hope that I am wrong. I love shadecrest and I would never want to see it go down. A lot of the reason I am pursuing a staff position is so I can make a difference on the server rather than just sitting around with a VIP tag that's only decoration and taking up space. That's also the reason I, along with some others have been working on a new spawn map. Why would I commit months of effort on a project for a server that I hate?

4. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Fair enough then.

It's sometimes hard to tell the difference between inactive and reserved.

5. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

Seems hard its nearly impossible but I would do the same thing this guy is really intelligent

6. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

What? :confused:

I don't understand your post...

7. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

Its impossible to tell the difference between inactive or reserved unless you were given a clue also I said that he was smart

8. cerburus

cerburus Member VIP Creative Architect

I have waited a few weeks after classes have started back to see if I will be on much if any. In light of the fact that I have little to no time to dedicate to being on shadecrest outside of the weekends, as well as the recent events that have taken almost all drive to play on shadecrest, I am going to have to retract this app. If you wish to keep it for consideration, then by all means do so but I will likely be unable to be Survival much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.