Double Drops From Mining

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by Alan321, Jan 17, 2014.

?

Do You Want Double Drops?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    77.3%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. Alan321

Alan321 Member VIP

Since there is so much debate i could just make a new poll which is more specific and we all vote on that.
    Double Drops
    No Double Drops
    Less chance of double drops (making the ratio per level different)
    Only double drops with Super Breaker On

2. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

There is no way to add just double drops while super breaker is on because super breaker triples the chance of getting double drops, so it has to be enabled all of the time.

A public poll makes no sense because players will vote for the double drops without a doubt because who doesn't want more stuff? We don't want mcmmo to give players too much of an advantage. Just use fortune.

3. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

But fortune doesn't work on ore.

4. Z_Millla

Z_Millla Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Everything was fine a week ago. Why are we having yet another debate? Of course people like "free" stuff, but why is that being turned into a bad thing? Should we shut down events as well then?

I think it is clear that the big benefit of having double drops enabled (and likewise super breaker), is because the vast majority of players like it, making their playing experience more enjoyable. What is the benefit of disabling it?

5. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

man you guys are like stray cats, we feed you auto farms and you come back for double drops
    There were nerfs made to mcmmo when we got it back to keep things fair. We shouldn't change them now because people want more loot.

DastardlyWhale likes this.
  6. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

Thanks for that, btw :)

7. Z_Millla

Z_Millla Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

And the admins are like a cat owner that makes their cat go on a diet and refuses to give it treats even though we all know cats loooove treats, because it's just in their nature, right?

lol analogies

8. North_Korean

North_Korean Active Member VIP

Meow :3

9. PieSquared761

What's wrong with giving people free stuff in a video game ;)

10. Dynodamon

Dynodamon Well-Known Member

I like rewarding people for doing thing and "honing their skills", but what is too much? Could I put a stack of diamond blocks in every chest in glass cage? Reward for playing on the server.

11. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

As far as the mining skill goes, without double drops, there's no reward for leveling up in mining (besides a longer super-breaker). Double drops aren't effective until you've spent countless hours raising your mining skill, which is why I find them fair. It makes everything a little easier for someone who's invested a lot of time into playing on the server, with no quick way to level up, and no immediate advantage over new players (like, say, PvP skills).

12. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

Why do you need more things. Honestly. What is the need for stuff here? I'm looking at the people who have posted in this thread, and it is blatantly obvious that NONE of you need more things. If you want to contest that, all of you have over 10k just sitting around. If somebody here who wants to get ahead that has a high enough mining level for a reasonable amount of double drops and ISN'T loaded says something, then it might be a good idea. Otherwise, its just stupid.

13. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

The only reason for have cash is from other people that want a beacon

sent from meh Technology

14. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

What.

15. Slebert

Slebert Active Member VIP

It helps new players get to a decent level of items faster, so they can join in on the fun with everyone else sooner, for that reason I think we need double drops, sure the rich will get ultra rich, but who gives a crap, if they have put that much effort into the server, then they deserve it

Sent from Sleberts phone

16. PieSquared761

What.

17. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

Don't worry I explained it to nmb ask em

sent from meh Technology

18. PieSquared761

Was that even English?

19. bobbylou4