Mining Mesa

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by StephenP67, Jan 23, 2014.

1. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

And its so hard to find hardened clay and bones?

2. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

no its just the insides of the mountains of the mesa biome are hollowed out near my place and i explored quite a ways for white clay and barely found any

3. ezeiger92

... But you can craft it with normal hardened clay and bonemeal. Even if there were no mesa biomes left, there is plenty of clay at the bottom of the ocean.
    Fish for 10 minutes, get a few pufferfish, and make 8 minute water breathing potions. Then cook all of the clay you get from the ocean floor.

Sure, new mining world is always nice, but in the event that it isn't reset soon, there are still ways to get excessive amounts of clay.

4. TheTechGeek245

We are looking to get people away from mining the clay under our homes and villages. not trying to find clay

StephenP67 likes this.
  5. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

Actually as of 1.7, clay is much extremely harder to come by as most of the ocean floor is gravel.

edit: adjecctive

6. ezeiger92

Yep, just checked. I thought this only occurred in the 'deep ocean' biome, but it is anywhere under 10 blocks of water. My bad.
    If people know of other ways to get clay, they can collect it without griefing the terrain around your house.

Forgot to mention earlier: Swamps. Better than pre-1.7 oceans.

7. TheTechGeek245

my home is an island and the coastline near it is starting to look like garbage I just want the environment to look pretty

8. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

I share Tech's pain as I live at the other end of the same mesa. Many of the hills around my home have been hollowed out by people collecting coloured clays. As clay would seem to be a sought after resource and mining worlds are there to provide said resources it would make sense to provide a mesa biome to take pressure off the building worlds.

9. kizzyfazzle

kizzyfazzle Active Member VIP

if the biome is destroyed why don't you restore it? Mesa biomes would be hard to restore but ocean's, just take some sand and water breathing potions :p

10. TheTechGeek245

its not that easy if we replace it it will be torn it up again we just want another way that people can get clay without tearing up or homes if this doesn't happen we are going to see random bits of clay floating in there air where one mountain was destroyed and random holes in mountains that are not

11. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

I'm confused why people seem to have a problem about resetting the mining world?

I mean yeah, I can get sand from a beach, but it's easier in a desert. The mining world's designed for the mass collection of resources like sand and clay.

BurningIce2 and THEdeadRETURNED like this.
  12. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

Next mining world will definitely have desert and mesa biomes. If the mining world doesnt, people will tear up the pvp and peaceful worlds without a doubt. I told max that on the current map, but he was already into maki g the warps, and he really wanted an amplified world :p

BurningIce2 and StephenP67 like this.
  13. TheTechGeek245

You can also make it illegal to mine clay for resources in pvp/peaceful so we can continue with our naturally beautiful biomes

14. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

Does the server not still have a mining world?

15. TheTechGeek245

it has a mining world without a mesa biome

16. BurningIce2

BurningIce2 Active Member VIP

Well, let's not make it totally illegal. Just not mass mining so that the biomes still look natural, that's what I do for sand.

Sent from my phone using my fingers.

17. TheTechGeek245

why cant we have a mining warp to a mesa biome

18. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

Remember when having a home of bricks meant you were richer than if you had a home of diamonds? Pre-adventure update nostalgia.

19. Mega_Spud

Mega_Spud Active Member VIP

+1

I'd like to see a mining mesa in mining world.

20. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

What is the ETA on a mining world reset which would indeed apparently have one of these apparently sought after biomes? Sounds like a simple solution, reset time might be in order. One of the things I fought for long ago was a clear policy on the reset frequency of Mining world and one of those situations which should always kick off a regen of mining world was a big change to the world generation which added new biomes. Was that never set into effect?