Redstoners not being able to be promoted?

Discussion in 'Minecraft Discussions' started by Enderman1215, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Enderman1215

Enderman1215 New Member

So I submitted a plot application with a redstone build so that I can get to I and then II. I wanted to get to II so I could go to the redstone world to build my redstone. After submitting I was told that a redstone plot would not be accepted further on. The logic to me doesn't make sense that a player that builds redstone isn't allowed to go to the redstone world or even be promoted to go to the redstone world. Is there a way that you guys could fix this or allow players to go to submit redstone work to get to a higher rank.

Thanks for your time
    ~Enderman1215

2. Z_Millla

Z_Millla Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

There is a few reasons that we don't promote for redstone.

First off, the only way staff can properly judge a redstone build is if they actually understand how redstone works. Since our server has been so heavily geared towards traditional building, we don't really have staff to properly judge these builds (I'm one of the only staff who understands redstone on a decent level).

Second, of all the half way decent redstone plots I have seen, about 95% of them are just something people blatantly copied from a video and don't actually understand. Originality in redstone, especially on a plot so small, is quite hard to find. That isn't to say we don't get a great redstoner from time to time, but it has never seemed to warrant a policy change (given they usually just grind out a plot and head on to redstone world).

Which leads into my final point; it really isn't that hard to get promoted to builder I right now. Even if you are new to building, we have numerous players (both staff and regular members) who won't hesitate to help you out, give you advice, and push you in the direction of promotion. It never hurts to try and pick up a new skill.

Hopefully that clears things up a bit. The policy is in no way to try and exclude redstoners (believe me, I love having other redstoners around), but given the way our server is structured it just hasn't seemed practical.

Navarog likes this.
  3. Enderman1215

Enderman1215 New Member

Alright thanks. I cleared my plot of my redstone calculator and I'm trying to make a house xD. Thank you for your feedback and have a nice day.

~Enderman1215

I saw your Tetris game and I loved your work. Hope to see you in-game soon.

4. Z_Millla

Z_Millla Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Good luck! Hope to see you promoted soon. :)