Any links?

Discussion in 'Minecraft Help' started by BurningIce2, Feb 18, 2014.

1. BurningIce2

BurningIce2 Active Member VIP

I want to install the smart moving mod but first I need modloader or forge and I can't find any forge or modloader that is up to date and, more important Linux compatible.
    If you found a Linux compatible forge or modloader download, I would love to have the link here. \/
    Thank you.

Sent from my phone using my fingers.

Navarog likes this.
  2. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

As for the actual question I can't help you there, but I can tell you that that mod is illegal on the server if that's what you want it for.

3. BurningIce2

I know I just want to use it for my singleplayer

4. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

Forge is updated for 1.7.2, and modloader has not been updated in forever. You can connect to 1.7.4 servers on 1.7.2 no problem. However stay away from any mods besides stuff like optifine, minimaps without player tracking, and shaders for SC

Sent from my damned apple device

BurningIce2 likes this.
  5. BurningIce2

Ok ty

6. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

Wait I didn't NODUS wasn't allowed.

7. THEdeadRETURNED

Lel

8. BurningIce2

Still not found a site with modloader for linux :/

9. THEdeadRETURNED

Modloader does not exist anymore, its part of forge. Also ALL MODS WORK ON ALL OSs, if you cant install mods, it means you dont know what you are doing

10. BurningIce2

Ok then i dont know what im doing cause i was going to install a mod and It told me to install forge or modlaoder first.....

11. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Also, just for clarification.

Java (The program minecraft uses) interacts directly with the operating system (OS) for the purposes of memory usage, booting up, accessing the internet, etc. So therefore it needs to be compatible with the OS, in this case Linux.

Mod is short for modification, it's an alteration of the program, so therefore it doesn't interact with the OS. Exceptions are things which alter the MC launcher, or different launchers. Like I would guess the ftb launcher would need to be Oinux compatible, but a shaders mod wouldn't.

On a side note:

I went looking at the pages dealing with Forge, and they don't seem to release OS specific ones. So have you tried to install it and failed, or are just seeing if there's any difference?

Forge dl link here.

BurningIce2 likes this.
  12. THEdeadRETURNED

Shaders dont alter the launcher at all, and i know them to be compatible with the ubuntu distro of linux

13. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

That was my point

14. THEdeadRETURNED

My bad, misread what you said

Legend9468 likes this.