Shadecrest interstate

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by warlord2150, Aug 3, 2011.

1. MattTh3Lepr3c0n

MattTh3Lepr3c0n New Member

If you guys are willing to build a canal/road/railway/subway ill help too.

2. Mirrur

Mirrur Member

I don't think skyrails would be a good idea, the admins might take it down.
    Maybe you can put the rails on the ground but make them follow the terrain, like warlord said

3. Yardweasel09

Yardweasel09 Member VIP

Maybe we can make 1 lvl like 5 blocks above sea lvl and just put ot on stilts ( fences) and have go through mountains and things. The reason I say this is because following the terrain would not be as smooth idk I could build a few "test" tracks and see which one looks and works better b4 we decide

4. Manglor

Manglor Active Member

Yard I would like to be involved in the construction of this if possible.

I think the best idea would be to make it like an actual rail way, what I mean is it will follow the ground but will be limited in the grade it can climb, for example, lets say it can only raise up one block for every 4 blocks of travel, if a grade or hill is too steep then a tunnel or bridge would be required.

This will give the track a nicer look in game and on the dynmap, but wont limit the rail to be completely flat and completely straight.

I have also been doing some research into automatic railway systems since we were going to continue to expand our current railway to include one, if you interested and anymore ideas I have tons.

5. Mirrur

Mirrur Member

I can help with the redstone wiring too

6. bMacSwigg

bMacSwigg New Member VIP

As far as the warps go, I think that the purchased warps/VIP warps should stay, because people earned those, and they can be helpful (and also give more reason to donate). However, other warps/the portals could go.

7. warlord2150

warlord2150 Member

Just as a side note to Yard, in relation to minecraft physics, you can make 45 degree turns on a minecart track and only lose a mild amount of inertia, thus making a minecart line much more feasible when trying to guide around terrain features.