Suggestion to change of Forum Etiquette Policy

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by CyberVic, Feb 20, 2014.

1. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

There's no use trying to hide who you're talking about here, in my opinion it just makes it worse ^.^

2. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

^-^'

3. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Oh, I agree on all that.

I was attempting to communicate that the method by which you peoples are attempting to make them improve their grammar/spelling, are likely to result in them becoming embittered towards you. In other words, I can see an argument quickly stemming from your method of persuasion.

I'm not defending their method of communication (Too much anyway, it annoys me sometimes as well), I'm defending them as a person. If they makes a grammatical error in 1 in every 10 posts, then you peoples pick up on it instantly and mercilessly.

Sidenote: People used contractions in Creative all the time, and I didn't see anyone correcting them there. But I suppose I just didn't see how time was valuable, I suppose.

PieSquared761 likes this.
  4. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

He abbreviated "you" and "your." Was it really that hard to decipher? Tech's obviously making a conscious effort here if you compare his posts now with those from a couple weeks ago.

5. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

We get off topic real fast

Sent from my House that is mine with my alive dog

PieSquared761 likes this.
  6. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

Actually, this is a thread about Forum Etiquette, which includes how people should communicate. Perfectly on topic.

7. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

Just in general

Sent from my House that is mine with my alive dog

8. Legend9468

People are getting really pedantic about forum topics lately. Do you peoples not realise this is how conversations naturally evolve?

epic_poke8 and Nifix like this.
  9. I_am_dropbear

I_am_dropbear Active Member

how do we fix the forums?

10. Legend9468

The forums are a way for people to post text about various topics and issues, along with a way to organise said text. Unless you're talking about a literal coding problem, then the fault lies with the participants.

11. kizzyfazzle

kizzyfazzle Active Member VIP

I just find it weird that people naturally use Tech as a target. I guess he can be annoying (no offence Tech im gathering what people generally use), but when other people use incorrect grammar it's "cute". Also Tech hasn't done anything horrifically bad, I'm honestly surprised he hasn't left.

12. Legend9468

I think that only about two people single out Tech specifically, the others kinda just dislike people in general.

While he hasn't done anything especially bad word/grammar wise, there have been a few incidents where he's gained part of the infamy for which he's known. This is not a sign to gossip, I'm just saying that it's not only grammar for which people are annoyed by him sometimes.

13. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

Grammar, meh. That doesn't bother me too much. I'm not as forgiving with spelling, because any competent browser will highlight typo's and suggest the correct spelling. What really bugs me, though, is the large and flashy gifs in signatures.

Nifix you know that I'm NOT talking about your sig.

14. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

One of the reasons that I havn't left is that there isn't a server out there better than this. The closest I've gotten to leaving was when I was banned for X-raying which I really got very close to Leaving. For the people that dislike me Sophiiiiiiier has been the most direct with me, actually saying it in game.

Is my sig that big? PS. And Flashy?

15. epic_poke8

No worse than mine, I'm sure.

16. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

Adblock plus is a godsend. Right-click and block element. Bye bye sigs!

THEdeadRETURNED likes this.
  17. Hez

Hez Member

This is Insanity I'm telling u! We have the freedom to do stuff. I rebel!

18. Sophiiiiiiier

Sophiiiiiiier Active Member VIP

ya man, i be honest. you're annoying.

19. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

I want to murder people less now that I've started blocking all the goddamn annoying signatures people have on this forum. Unfortunately I still would like this policy or something like it to go into effect for the sake of the community. This community is far too immature and improper forum etiquette is part of that immaturity. While Erik, myself, or any individual can just block annoying signatures, to a new player this forum is a cesspool of animated garbage.

Again I think the policy should be written as a guideline and if people abuse the PRIVILEGE of having a signature the forum administrators should just band individuals from being able to use signatures. Abuse a privileged and lose it. Simple. People want to act like 12 year olds, treat them like 12 year olds.

20. epic_poke8

Is my sig too large and/or flashy? I can take the quote out if you like, but I enjoy my GIF