MCMMO mining and why it sucks.

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by epic_poke8, Mar 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

Mining, more than half of minecraft is mining for most, and we have mcmmo. A good strategy used to be using a silk touch pickaxe to get double ores of diamond, and use fortune later, but now you disable double drops. Was it really too OP? I have at least 48 hours of mining, and I would have had just over 1/3 chance to get double drops if they had been enabled. It's not really OP if it takes that long to get a decent chance. Ok, let's look at other problems, since multiple drops are disabled, using Super Breaker is pretty counter-intuitive. Sure, you go faster for a few seconds, but your pick gets damaged significantly more. May we please have something?

2. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

We could go back to vanilla mining? There always seemed to be less complaints about that...

epic_poke8 and CanOpenerTrooper like this.
  3. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

Typical diamond vein: 6 blocks
    Silk touch return: 8 blocks (at 1/3)
    Fortune 3 (120% increase): 17.6 diamonds | ~4 veins per stack
    Fortune w/o silk touch: 13.2 diamonds | ~5 veins per stack

I think North_Korean got his double drop chance to 1/2
    Fortune 3 + 50% double drop: 19.8 diamonds | 3.2 veins per stack
    Fortune 3 + 100% double drop: 26.4 diamonds | 2.3 veins per stack

This thread now has numbers, make of them what you will. I really don't care about the outcome :P

4. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

or at least reintroduce it to non miners like me ;)

5. epic_poke8

Would be ok without mcmmo saying I leveled up something useless.

6. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

Super breaker is cool i like it

Sent from my House that is mine with my alive dog

7. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

I don't know what you're talking about, since we got mcmmo back double drops have been disabled. All it did when we had it back in SC 1.0 was make everyone extremely rich and self sufficient making the economy almost useless (people actually lived in towns/nations so rupies were actually needed for taxes). Unless you can think of a way to get rid of all of the items it would bring in, bringing double drops back would really be of no benefit to the server, it would just make the game easier and it's already pretty easy.

As for the actual skill, it is mainly a bragging right. If you get to level 1000 or something you get something special from Nifix.

Dynodamon likes this.
  8. epic_poke8

Do we have to be the first to get to 1000?

9. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

time to buy a ton of eff 5 picks and go mining with haste 2. instabreak=fast levels

10. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

btw 86maxsmart made it to 1000 excavation

11. DastardlyWhale

DastardlyWhale Well-Known Member

"You all want free shit and blatca is a whore"

Again, this has been bought up so many times and it's pointless to repeat itself. Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.