Who is in charge

Discussion in 'Minecraft Discussions' started by CyberVic, Mar 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

So yeah. How about we fix this problem? I'd be happy to help in any way shape or form I can. Too bad I've not gotten any real response to my application to help as staff with said problem: http://www.shadecrest.com/site/threads/5963/. A little birdy told me unofficially that the staff response has been... unwelcoming due to my "activity". Forget the fact I've been active basically every day for the last several months.

If others have good suggestions on how we can improve things I'm all ears. I've started a document, writing down all the things that need to be done to un-"clusterfuck" things and a 6 phase approach to turning this server around to a world class, top 25 server. If at some point someone begins taking real charge of the server or I'm given opportunity to help with real change, then I will share said document with others. Many staff have already given me a lot of feedback and helped originally get this document started, I'm just taking it to the next level because I have the gumption to say something publicly.

I'll give the senior staff another day or two before I start reaching out to Imaxorz directly. I'd love to work WITH the current staff on fixing the problems with this server but if they too unresponsive to the obvious wishes of the people to fix things, then Max must get involved and something must be done.

Thank you very much. Have a wonderful day.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
    GingerSwan, Beocca, Dman2416 and 8 others like this.
  2. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

This is just my observations over the past few months; more like an appendix to the above, rather than an expansion (It's 12:30am, so forgive my ramblings)

3. hywzerboydy

hywzerboydy Active Member VIP

This isn't really my place to post anything, but I have some views on this. I agree that we need a leader, otherwise the server will go nowhere, but there should be a group of co-leaders that have a say in everything, because as legend said, one person taking charge of everything will not work out very well. Whoever the leader is should choose a small group of people to be his/her co-leaders.

EDIT: Each co-leader should be in charge of a certain part of the server, like events, or plugins etc.

Sent from my mobile cellular device

Hez likes this.
  4. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

Just like the president and his cabnet I believe the community COULD be run by a person but he must to have a board of advisers

Hez likes this.
  5. Padaun

Padaun Well-Known Member VIP

I believe everything you stated has already been established, tech

6. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

- edit, snip. You should be more clear Legend9468 -

Look at the state of pve spawn. Every build is within 100 blocks of each other and almost universally griefed to hell. There are cobble boxes on cobble pillars, half cut trees, and devastated terrain. It looks worse than the mining world! That is the second thing a new player sees on our server. None of our build rules are actually being enforced unless someone raises a stink about it.

What the hell is up with the current spawn world? It 'works', but it is horrible. There are some islands that curve back to their base underwater, some entirely floating islands, and places like floating ocean and spleef, where the land falls straight to the ocean floor. The guest quiz can be brute-forced in 5 minutes, not that it's hard enough to warrant trying. Why do we have 2 identical spleef arenas? Why is there an unused kotl arena and two unused pvp arenas? How many bedrock boxes do we now have floating in the ocean?

So who is going to fix it. Not just now, but in the future. Who will clean this crap on our server up without being told. If none of the admins can reliably do this (which is essentially enforcing our own build rules), then we need a new head that can make this happen. We NEED someone that knows what they are doing to take charge.

I don't know how many of you have actually noticed what a pitiful state our server is in.

trukklob, epic_poke8, Beocca and 6 others like this.
  7. CanOpenerTrooper

CanOpenerTrooper Well-Known Member VIP

8. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

I'm not sure how old Water is, but as a general rule the person in charge should be 25 or older.

9. hywzerboydy

We need to elect some people to do a massive clean up of the server first.

10. CanOpenerTrooper

Waterpower1. QuietSea. Ndv. Max (if he's still alive)

Sent from my iPhone *cough* wish it was a nexus 5 *cough* using Tapatalk

11. hywzerboydy

Well let's all take a moment of silence for max, then ask people I'd they are interested in cleaning up.

CanOpenerTrooper likes this.
  12. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

You mean this QuietSea? How about no.

13. bobbylou4

bobbylou4 Well-Known Member Creative Architect

Bob4prez2k14-2k15

14. CanOpenerTrooper

Ew no

Sent from my iPhone *cough* wish it was a nexus 5 *cough* using Tapatalk

15. Hez

Hez Member

Hmmm these all sounds like rebellion like the civil war, this could get REAL nasty if not dealt with properly...:confused:

hywzerboydy likes this.
  16. Dman2416

Dman2416 Active Member

Who ever mentioned openly opposing the authority currently in place? Not a single person here is crying out to defy Max or any staff at all. There's serious issues in this server that, if you take a quick look with an open mind, there's a plethora of issues inflicting this community. Yet not a single person is actively trying to fix them. I wasn't aware of some issues in the server, and the ones I knew about were mostly just drama and quickly died down so I didn't care about them. But I know many other people were aware of the greater issues. And I'm glad someone finally got the balls to actually call people responsible for fixing these issues out for not doing their jobs in that regard.

ezeiger92 and Hez like this.
  17. A360P

A360P Well-Known Member Creative Architect

Vote Miguel for Mexicrest2k15

bobbylou4 likes this.
  18. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

#mexicrest2k14 trending on twitter

Sent from my House that is mine with my alive dog

19. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Please don't act like that Eze, considering that wasn't what I was saying. You forget the incident took place in two parts, and I'm not stupid enough to bring up the second again with you around.

I was talking about when Can and the others got banned for advertising. 95% of the staff turned around and went "What the hell?", before we all worked to overturn the decision. So, 1 person took matters into their own hands, and they made a bad call/didn't consult others.

20. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

No no and no.

It's a call for better organization.
    It's a call for better marketing.
    It's a call for Shadecrest once a gain to be run by someone with a big picture vision.
    It's a call for better coordination of staff.
    It's a call for better communication with the members.

All this can be done without rebellion, without civil war. It's just a call for a new kind of leadership that has been missing since Max has been inactive. A kind of leadership SOMEONE needs to take charge of. I for one am willing to do that if no one else is properly qualified and experienced to do the job.

It takes vision, a business plan, good communication skills, good collaboration skills, and most of all leadership.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.