A Suggestion

Discussion in 'Minecraft Discussions' started by qb10panther, Mar 26, 2014.

1. qb10panther

qb10panther Member

First off if this thread is in the wrong place and there is a suggestion thread please move it there. Thanks.

Ok now for the actual suggestion: I propose that we make one Planet Minecraft submission for all the Shadecrest servers. This means that we would have one Shadecrest server submission on Planetminecraft rather than a survival one and a creative one. This would also help with the hub because that would be the ip ued in the submission. This would also help in another way... It would bring more people to the server. It is always good in my opinion to see new people on the server. Also, from what I have heard the player base is decreasing. As I am typing this the creative server has only 15 votes this month. If we were to combine the servers into one submission we could combine survivals votes with the creative servers votes and have around 300. This would attract more people to the server. It would also solve many of the problems that are occuring because the server is losing players (from what I understand, please correct me if im wrong). Some people might think now, well wait. If we combine servers into one PMC submission then how will awards be given to you on both servers if you vote? Well the answer is simple. Since you only get awards on survival it would be kept this way. There is no need to get anything on creative.

Hopefully you understand this suggestion. If any further clarification is needed I will attempt to explain. Thank you for reading, - Qb10panther

bobbylou4 likes this.
  2. CanOpenerTrooper

CanOpenerTrooper Well-Known Member VIP

The only problem I see with this is the category section with Planet Minecraft Servers. Where would you put Shadecrest, survival or creative? Unfortunately there isn't a "hub" category...

3. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Not to mention it would also simplify things with the hub server.

I'm not too sure how these things work, but wouldn't making another page essentially lose all the votes/diamonds from the old ones?

CanOpenerTrooper likes this.
  4. qb10panther

qb10panther Member

They may possibly reset but I feel in the long run it would be a better idea to reset all the votes and diamonds than keep the current separate pages.

5. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

I know for at least a few of the sites, we can just edit the survival page (has more votes) to include information about the creative server as well. That way they are merged to one page, and we get to keep at least half of the votes.

6. Legend9468

It would also help with the multiple votes on one site problem, in hindsight.

7. qb10panther

qb10panther Member

I haven't actually ever submitted anything to PMC but is it possible to change the submission title from Shadecrest Survival to Shadecrest (IDK what would go here) if we do use the survival one?

8. CanOpenerTrooper

It's possible to edit titles, categories, info, and pictures, but like I said before, the hub would get less views if we did so because you can't have 2 categories. We would have to pick between Survival or Creative or select the "other" ("other" is for pokemon servers and stuff like that, it'll be attracting the wrong audience)

9. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

Why dont we just NOT do this there is no hub category and survival/creative do not want to loose votes. If we do this it would probably take 18-24 months to get the votes back from deleting the posts. If imaxorz updated the server every 2 days on PMC we could have many more players due to the "recently updated list". People who are specifically looking for survival or creative wouldn't find ours because it would be listed as other. Your idea may help in the long run but we do not want to loose our progress and virtually start over. Leaving the current players filthy rich due to extra time to mine and etc compared to the new players.

10. qb10panther

qb10panther Member

First off by editing the survival post we would keep all of the votes and diamonds and all that good stuff. Also I doubt anyone would really find the creative server on PMC because there is only 15 votes this month so by deleting that post it wouldn't really be hurt. If we really wanted to save all of the votes and stuff I guess we could just make a new post and keep the old ones.

11. CanOpenerTrooper

Or Max (possibly another admin) could just use the "update log" and post recent updates so people would see the server a lot more...

I also disagree with your creative thing... It's like we're entirely forgetting about the Creative Server... Who knows, we might have a siege of 80+ players again.

12. Legend9468

Older players are already filthy rich though?

Not to mention, we don't have to delete the old pages. Making a new page != deleting the old ones.

Creative gets a small amount of votes, because voters have to choose between voting for one server or the other. What this is doing is just making it so we can vote for both at once.

13. Legend9468

Also, don't make any plan that relies on Max. No offence to him, but it wouldn't work out.

14. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

Make server great again, clean things up, marketing plan, execute, win. Really that simple.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

15. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

As it has been mentioned before, we'll only be able to list the server under one category. This means that if we have it listed as survival, and someone is looking for a creative server, they will never find shade crest.

One potential solution to the IP problem could be having several different IPs connect to the hub. Survival could then be listed as mc.shadecrest.com, creative could be sc.shadecrest.com, etc. Also, that'd probably make the player numbers for both servers appear better. Right now you see:
    Creative - 6/100, Survival - 18/100
    But if the IPs were for the hub you'd see:
    Creative - 24/100, Survival - 24/100
    I'm not sure about this, it's just speculation. However, if it doesn't work like this, and only shows players actually on the hub (i.e. 0/100), then I am against that idea, and also against merging the server pages and IPs. The last thing we need to do is artificially deflate server numbers.

As for updating the server log on PMC pages to put the server on recently updated, are there any suggestions for what I could actually say? I want the posts to be somewhat meaningful, not just "bump" or something like that. I guess I could try something for the arcadian war, just post a summarised version of what ndv's post said. What do you think, sharqman ?

16. Legend9468

Server-wide events and/or community builds could be used for the updates, as are mining world resets. Just a thought