Killing Mobs

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by NMBr2d2, Mar 31, 2014.

1. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

I noticed that there is a new rule regarding killing people's mobs.
    "Do not kill animals that are clearly someone else's without leaving enough to re-breed."
    Despite the seemingly harmless potential of the rule, I don't look forward to breeding 700 cows just to have somebody come along and kill 698 of them.
    sharqman

epic_poke8 and oiShocKWavesv like this.
  2. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

Yeah, it should be "Do not kill animals that are clearly someone else's without leaving enough to easily re-breed the same amount." e.g. Leave two cows for every one that you kill.

3. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

I think it should be just rebreed whatever you kill (roughly)

StephenP67 likes this.
  4. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

I think it should be rebreed what you kill exactly. If you can't count properly, or don't have the material/time to rebreed, then don't kill.

5. epic_poke8

AND DON'T KILL GOLEMS. *sniff* Rest in peace Copernicus Alpha...

6. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

"new" rule, we've had that rule like since they added breeding into the game.
    I'll change it to this
    EDIT: also added to not kill horses/donkeys that someone else owns.

Mega_Spud likes this.
  7. Dynodamon

Dynodamon Well-Known Member

sharqman Can we also add wolfs/ocelots to that list?

Mega_Spud likes this.
  8. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

I don't think wolves would be a good idea because they are passive, you can also spawn them both with mcmmo. Other's thoughts?

9. Mega_Spud

Mega_Spud Active Member VIP

That's a quick turn around, thanks for sorting the rule change so quickly!

I hadn't realised that it was legal to kill others' animals if you a left couple to re-breed before tonight.

10. Mega_Spud

Mega_Spud Active Member VIP

I don't think you should be able to kill others' tamed wolves and ocelots at all.

ps. you can only spawn one wolf if there aren't others nearby, and then they despawn fairly quickly anyway.

oiShocKWavesv likes this.
  11. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

As far as mc is concerned, dogs, cats, horses, donkeys are all pets. Don't kill pets?

12. epic_poke8

So insensitive! My pet Iron Golems, Copernicus Beta, and Ptolemy Alpha? What about named mobs? Tags ain't exactly the cheapest things. What about villagers?

13. Pieman_Is_God

yes should probably include named mobs and villagers in there too.

14. majestic_moose

majestic_moose Well-Known Member VIP

How about you can only kill farm animals? Named mobs would class as pets.

epic_poke8 likes this.
  15. Pieman_Is_God

eh thinking about it, would just be easier to say 'Don't kill someone else's animals.' or do kill them; which probably wouldn't even need to be listed. simple rules are happy rules :)

16. epic_poke8

have you read Cyber's proposal to Total Overhaul? Some pretty good ideas in their, except the legal stealing of saddles and armor from mobs, and the stealing of things from Ass Chests (sorry, could not resist, too funny)

17. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

I like the provision that you should breed as many animals as you kill. If someone has taken the time to breed the animals they shouldn't have to worry about someone wandering past and wiping out the herd. What about trying to maintain stock of coloured wool? It would be near impossible if you can't count on your sheep still being there next time you log on. Or breeding cows for leather?