ShadeCrest Vision discussion

Discussion in 'Minecraft Discussions' started by CyberVic, Apr 22, 2014.

1. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

Point taken, I'll get with Dyno and see if there's a better way we can word some of the FTB rules. Most of those were just placeholders and I was intending on going through another pass on some of that wording.

I can deal with "Don't be a Jerk". I just like Weaton's Law, but that's fine, I can go with "Don't be a jerk".

epic_poke8 likes this.
  2. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

Thanks for hearing me out.

Navarog likes this.
  3. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

Dude... Don't be a dick.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
    Rem and THEdeadRETURNED like this.
  4. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

The stay away from others thing wouldn't work in the case of Myst though, as the rule's more towards not breaking the server as a whole.

You're also legitimately going to have to research the mods anyway on the wiki's or somewhere. How else would you know where to start in a mod? NEI isn't exactly the best tutorial...

5. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

Well, it's how I started. And you're right with the myst thing, now that I think of it. Any way to destroy the worlds you make?

6. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

No it requires an admin to delete the worlds that get created. I should get with Dyno and work out a maintenance plan for that. It's not something we've worried about with the current iteration of the server, mostly because not that many people besides me have messed with Mystcraft.

The problem with Mystcraft is even for experienced age writers, you can make worlds which will completely crash the server. I could share some of those worlds with you, but let's just say it's very dangerous.

In terms of learning it, I try to share my knowledge of the mod with people. My spreadsheet (link in my signature is better documentation on how Mystcraft works than their actual official wiki).

7. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Might I ask a quick question about Myst on the server then? I realise this isn't the place, but it's better than making a new thread on it.

Does deleting the Age file also get rid of the descriptive book ingame?

And is it better to make multiple small worlds for pages, or one world which you explore for ages?

8. ezeiger92

No. The last time I messed with it, the books would just not work again.

Second bit I cannot answer.

Legend9468 likes this.
  9. GingerSwan

GingerSwan Active Member VIP

Going back to Navarog 's post, too many players would kinda end our nice, small community. I am aware that the servers are practically dead at the moment, and here's what I think.
    Creative: 10 - 30 average,
    Survival: 10-45 average,
    FTB: 5 - 20 average,
    Hard Mode: 5 - 20 average,
    Vanilla: 10 - 40 average.
    Now, the playerbase. I think we should cater to new players, but not TOO much, or it'll get overwhelming. We should try to keep our usual players (which is about 100+ of us, so plenty enough :p) to come on atleast an average of once a month at minimum. We need to maintain our current playerbase. And I think having 50+ on a server is kinda getting into chat-spam region. Wow I have typed a LOT.

Sent from my ooolllddd iPhone 3

10. ezeiger92

GingerSwan Actually read the thread before you post. We removed the numbers all together because people (now including you) didn't seem to understand them.