More Vote for SC

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by bkoch5, Apr 25, 2014.

?

What should be done?

1. Benchmark Rewards

12.5%
  2. Staff Vote

12.5%
  3. All the above

62.5%
  4. Other (comment)

12.5%
  5. Nothing everything is peachy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bkoch5

bkoch5 Active Member VIP

Vote For ShadeCrest!

Personal Background:
    I first joined ShadeCrest in the summer of 2011, then after a year of playing I left to make my own server. Now two years later I am back on this server and I am slightly saddened by the lack of players that are on it. When I first joined there were always 50-100 people on, ALL THE TIME, now we range anywhere from 2-30.

Also when I rejoined (1 week ago today) I started voting, everyday, and now I am currently ranked 8th on the server for top votes. So in 7 days I went from 0-63 votes. Also I have another account that I vote on when I am at school and it currently has 22 votes and is ranked 20th overall...

What needs to be done?:
    You may say that SC needs to add more plugins or add more of this and that to compete with the larger servers, but that is, well, incorrect. What ShadeCrest has right now is great! I love it! What we need to do is a very simple task. And that task is voting.. When I ran my own server I realized you can make your server the best to play on (plugin wise) but without players it is useless. ShadeCrest is built to have 50-100+ people on.

What can be done:
    Also I personally think that ShadeCrest needs to implement something to make voting more rewarding to the average player. On my server I added something that got a ton of votes (I only had 10 loyal members and my server was ranked in the 500s). That simple thing was.. Benchmark Voting Rewards. This may or may not be possible anymore, but what I did was for the 10th, 50th, and 100th vote I gave the member a reward for doing so (via an automated module on my website). Also these benchmark rewards could be reset every month.

Lastly, I understand that ShadeCrest has a fairly large staff? (20+?) If all 20 staff members voted everyday plus say 30 members for the entire month of April ShadeCrest would have 1500 votes instead we have ~250 ATM (on MineStatus).

What Should Be Done?
    Vote on the Poll :D

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  2. Mega_Spud

Mega_Spud Active Member VIP

3. bkoch5

bkoch5 Active Member VIP

I like that they are doing that, but 90% of the server won't participate.

Also just realized I wrote "more vote for shadecrest" xD *votes xD

4. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

Something is being done about voting. A new system where it will reward prizes of sorts, shan't say anymore as it's not my doing...

I_am_dropbear likes this.
  5. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

Pieman_Is_God likes this.
  6. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

Lots of stuff is being done to improve marketing, clean up shadecrest, staff, rules, etc revamp. Overall just getting the server back up to the place where yes we can get to that 50-100 all the time kind of number. Check out the vision discussion I posted recently and the ShadeCrest Master document which I've been using to organize the revamp.

7. bkoch5

bkoch5 Active Member VIP

Glad to hear it! I just got really worried when I saw that I was ranked 8th and I rejoined a week ago. Hope everything goes well! If you need ANY help whatsoever please send me a message on the forums! I would really love to see/help ShadeCrest return to its Golden Age!

-Koch

Mega_Spud likes this.
  8. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

Currently we have a plugin in the works that's essentially a voting jackpot. When a player votes, there is a chance that they will receive an item. Less expensive items are more common rewards, but there are some really cool, rare top tier items as well. It's currently functional and just needs some small tweaks in the probabilities before we add it to the server. I'll look into implementing rewards based on a player's total votes for the month.

9. I_am_dropbear

I_am_dropbear Active Member

Also, on some of the websites we vote on, the ip for shadecrest is still the old "survival.shadecrest.com"

oiShocKWavesv likes this.
  10. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

all Ips are survival.shadecrest.com because it has to be or else the vote won't go through to survival.