Pandora PVP Town

Discussion in 'PvP Towns' started by TheTechGeek245, Apr 25, 2014.

1. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

2. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

Looks great so far

Sent from my damned apple device

3. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

I hate to burst bubbles here, but is there not a rule against floating things in survival?
    Furthermore, doesn't the fact that it's floating give you quite the advantage against being raided?

4. TheTechGeek245

actually last raid it did not the only advantage we had was the knowledge of our territory

5. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

I double checked the rules, seems as though that is not a rule anymore and was removed somewhere along the way. Oh well, have fun. It looks great btw. Like the idea of the under hanging rock stalactites and stuff.

6. TheTechGeek245

We are a defensive pvp town when we are raided so under siege we will wait for them to come to us rather than attacking them first

7. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

*sigh*

Sent from my House that is mine with my alive dog

8. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Floating blocks building rule really only applied to structures, like a random floating cobble box.

9. DastardlyWhale

DastardlyWhale Well-Known Member

Yea, I'm really not sure where that rule ran off to. It was originally imposed on Flexcity since the raiders were required to tower up to even touch the town since enderpearls were not an addition to the game yet.

Original rule from Flexcity town board:
    • Raiders can tower up using a reasonable building material such as cobble/wood/stone etc. Basically anything that can be torn down relatively easily. Anything like an obsidian tower can be reported on the forums.
    But, this rule should be reimplemented since we have that rule on towns that require them to have a way in without the use of an enderpearl.

oiShocKWavesv likes this.
  10. TheTechGeek245

we have a waterfall! and a lavafall!

11. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

Players will pillar up wether they are 'allowed' to or not, because they will not want the target of their raid controlling their movements, and that's exactly what happens with your waterfall.

12. DastardlyWhale

DastardlyWhale Well-Known Member

add 60 more waterfalls and ill call it even. :)

13. TheTechGeek245

we will add a water fall where we feel it is necessary also we are thinking of adding a bridge from the mountains that we are about to encounter We are a town that does not believe in traps or alarms

My argument is that any town with walls usually has only one entrance or few setting a certain raid entrance point. If we have no traps or players blocking the entrance to the spawn witch is connected to all other islands why would there be any problem
    We are currently giving the players the option to put waterfalls at their home

14. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

One thing that I'm about to do for my floating castle thingy is to install a couple of enderpearl elevators/dispensers. They can easily be disguised as small floating islands, and make it more fun for raiders. It's certainly not a requirement, but it adds a pretty cool way to ascend. Also, less derp towers.

15. TheTechGeek245

in addition to our waterfalls we will have underground lift signs that will be accessible by surface entrances to cave systems so please stop bickering about not enough ways up

16. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

Other towns may have one entrance, but it doesn't take a minute to go through the entrance and it certainly doesn't make you sitting ducks.

17. TheTechGeek245

we were sitting ducks we didn't even know u guys were there until you killed me

18. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

That is being raided, it is assumed that you knew that it would happen if you made a pvp town.

19. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

Guys, it's ok :p If necessary, raiders can tower up. Let's not turn such a simple thing into an argument.

bobbylou4 likes this.
  20. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

With that logic everyone who has ever played in pvp ever was a sitting duck. Having to climb up a for like a minute while your attackers could be firing bows at you/getting geared up is being a sitting duck.