This week in ShadeCrest - 2014/04/25

Discussion in 'News and Updates' started by CyberVic, Apr 26, 2014.

1. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

[​IMG]
    Summary:
    • ShadeCrest Vision discussion
    • Z_Millla retired, Pieman_Is_God taking his place as head admin of Creative
    • Arcadian War - May 3
    • Craftbook new blocks
    • Added Holographic Displays - Creative
    • Added Microblocks for VIP I and up - Creative
    • Fix to TnT on Survival
    • Created a new /w alias for warp.
    • Added plug.dj announcements
    Wowie zowie, big update today. Staff has been very busy this week.

ShadeCrest Vision discussion

Looking for folks' feedback on this discussion. Got a lot of good feedback on core values from people, now I'm looking for more feedback on where we want ShadeCrest to go in the coming years. Please try to be constructive / offer suggestions to changes in the vision and not just shoot down what is written there.

Z_Milla retired, Pieman taking his place
    For those who haven't payed much attention, I've changed abit how the hierarchy of ShadeCrest is setup. It's very subtle in a way, but the new structure not only allows for scalability of ShadeCrest, but helps also gives more access to more of the right people. One of those changes is the designation of lead admins of each respective server who have console access. These admins are also leads of their respective servers and primary people that I coordinate with to lead the community as a whole. Z_Milla was previously the one with console access of Creative, but he has retired from his position just recently. The creative team agreed that Pieman, who is knowledgeable and very active to be the new console admin. In a very short period of time, he's already getting going with positive changes for Creative. I expect we'll be seeing a lot of that in the coming weeks.

Arcadian War - May 3
    The Arcadian War will be making its return Saturday, May 3rd in the ancient town of DragonForge! Gather your gear, go forth, and fight as a team to overpower the defenders of the treasure and retrieve the loots of a lifetime! Sign up in this thread if you're sure that you'll be attending. If you were here for the last war, feel free to post changes that you'd like to see made. Battle on, ShadeCrest!

Craftbook new blocks
    Thanks to Mega_Spud's suggestion, we implimented new blocks to gates, doors, and bridges in craftbook (glass panes are glitched looking into it). More information in this thread: http://shadecrest.com/site/threads/6128/

Holographic Displays - Creative
    We added holographic on creative, which is a floating text plugin and will be used in the new spawn. This adds a lot of new possibilities for some interesting builds. If people like this I could see this getting added to survival at some point for a few things. I've seen it used for pvp event stuff as well as just displays around spawn.

Microblocks for VIP I and up - Creative
    It is a neat little plugin which uses skulls as blocks and adds images onto them to turn them into a small object. You can get a huge variety of blocks including a taco! Use /mb to find out more.

Fix to TnT on Survival
    Thanks to epic_poke8 for finding this issue and bringing it to our attention. It has now been fixed.

I'm not going into details on the last two, the summary said it all. Big update today, fingers are numb now. I can typing!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2014
    Mega_Spud likes this.
  2. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

Way cool! On the new add ons

follow the buzzards

Mega_Spud likes this.
  3. Mega_Spud

Mega_Spud Active Member VIP

Microblocks! I have seen them only once elsewhere! Please please please can we get that in survival? :D

4. Slebert

Slebert Active Member VIP

Sounds like a busy week for sure! The community is already starting to look better!
    [​IMG]

5. ZPWR22

ZPWR22 Active Member VIP

Please no micro blocks on survival. They lag like hell, and they look bad when they're used improperly.

6. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

They're just player heads that are re-textured, not the proper micro-blocks that you see in feed the best or something.

Random0ne, Slebert and Mega_Spud like this.
  7. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

do they include stuff like tables?

8. Mega_Spud

Mega_Spud Active Member VIP

Just miniature decorative versions of blocks that are already in game.

edit: And other cool things xD

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  9. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

There are other things as well, like tacos. Tiny, head sizes tacos.

Mega_Spud likes this.
  10. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

cool Pandora's getting along we have got a couple of islands finished

11. I_am_dropbear

I_am_dropbear Active Member

Cant wait to see what Pie does :p And Pie, You go girl!

Pieman_Is_God likes this.