This week in ShadeCrest - 2014/05/02

Discussion in 'News and Updates' started by CyberVic, May 2, 2014.

1. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

[​IMG]
    Summary:
    • Survival - New spawn
    • Survival - Arcadian War @ May 3, 5:00 PM EST
    • Survival - Bazaar Labyrinth
    • Survival - BalancePotion
    • Survival - PhatLoots, Dungeon-Sewers, & the ShadeCrest dungeon program
    • Survival - Last Minute Updates
    • Creative - New spawn
    • Creative - New architect Chandler107
    • Creative - Dynmap updates
    • General - Staff organization update
    Another great, active week here at ShadeCrest, lots of great stuff going on. Please make sure to reach out to your friends, help vote, advertise ShadeCrest, and welcome back old members who maybe haven't been online in a while. Lots of exciting things in store in the coming weeks as well!

Oh and P.S. I'm STILL looking for more feedback on this thread regarding the future vision of ShadeCrest.

Survival - New Spawn
    Use /warp spawn_new to see the new spawn. It's not 100% implemented yet, but you can go there and wander around. We are finalizing the small details for survival spawn, but it should go fully into effect sometime over the weekend or possibly even today. New members to the community will be enjoying a new and improved quiz system in this new spawn and there's plenty of other cool new plans to be announced post it being launched. I'd like it to be done today if possible so we can have any kinks worked out before the weekend events. ezeiger92 will be getting re-promoted as Moderator as well for his hard work on the new spawn. He will also be granted elevated permissions in spawn world so he can help maintain it and bring it to the full vision we have for it.

Survival - Arcadian War @ May 3, 5:00 PM EST
    Just a reminder about the upcoming Arcandian war tomorrow, visit the thread linked for more info. I believe that ndvenckus1 is having some computer issues, but worst case scenario I think sharqman will be running it.

Survival - Bazaar Labyrinth
    StephenP67 has created a new randomized labyrinth. You can win prizes and fight for the glory of having the best times through the maze. Everyone's encouraged to check it out and if you have any feedback, please give feedback in the thread linked.

Survival - BalancePotion
    Thanks to Random0ne for this custom plugin. It has been installed and it's default configuration is that you get 20% of the normal armor protection you'd get vs physical damage, now against potions as well. On top of that, invisibility makes potions 20% weaker, essentially meaning if you're hit a potion by someone who is invisible you are essentially taking approximately 40% less damage than you were before this plugin. The math doesn't work out exactly like that, it's a bit less than 40% because even full diamond isn't 100% protection so... well just trust me the numbers are around there, I'm not going to get all mathy on you. We did a lot of play testing on this and it just felt like the right balance. Let us know what you think.

Survival - PhatLoots, Dungeon-Sewers, & the ShadeCrest dungeon program
    I have resurrected the old ShadeCrest dungeon program that I pitched to Max and stated building over a year ago. It uses the PhatLoots plugin is used to create loot tables, assign those loot tables to chests, and then chests are on long global respawn timers. More information about all this stuff is in the thread linked above so I won't bother talking much more about it here. What I would like to say is that this dungeon is just a taste of what's to come. We have other dungeons in development, all will have a slightly different purpose for different people who have different tastes in their dungeons and to give people variety. Thanks to all the people who play tested this back in the day and recently before it's official launch.

Survival - Last Minute Updates
    ndvenckus1 made it so Peaceful, mining, pvp, and spawn now link to the nether. The nether links to the mining world. This should work at the next reset, we will continue to attempt to get this to work if it is not. This post will be updated once confirmed working.

Creative - New Spawn
    Creative spawn is coming along nicely, we have written a book for new guests as a guide (If someone would like to review and perfect it that would be awesome, if you're good at spotting stuff like that). All creative staff have been working hard on this, please collaborate with them if you have feedback. We hope to release it by summer when most MC players are out of school. It should be more of a social place where you can see everything you need, so hopefully lots of people buzzing around it. Once its more setup we will start asking people to come and review it/give more feedback. We will also use this as a project to kick start a new ShadeCrest Creative PMC build projects idea we had but more on that next update ;)

Creative - New architect Chandler107
    Chandler107 is new architect. Amazing town at /w chandler and a cool build at /w chandler's tower. Please everyone congratulate him and take advantage maybe of his excellent building skills.

Creative - Dynmap updates
    Pieman_Is_God reordered and renamed the worlds on dynmap. Fixed some weird issues with rendering on a few world and everything should be solid now. All worlds should be fully rendered soon, in HD!

General - Staff organization update
    We have a new general staff forum where all the staff across all servers can come together and communicate better on universal policies. We've also got a universal staff list now and I've been busy making sure everyone has proper permissions uniformly based on their roles. What this means to the players is that more than ever before, the staff has more freedom to do their jobs and implement cool new things. Next on my personal agenda is to write a formal code of conduct and rules enforcement guide.

Last edited: May 2, 2014
    Slebert, bkoch5 and Nifix like this.
  2. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

[​IMG] Officially the FIRST in the admin shop!

[​IMG] AND the FIRST in the double secret admin shop!

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2014
  3. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

Now shock, you of all people should know our rule regarding the use of xray...

4. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

5. Slebert

Slebert Active Member VIP

sounds like you guys have had a very productive week! all this stuff sounds awesome, i cant wait to get home from vacation tomorrow so i can check it all out!

I_am_dropbear likes this.