Weird Dreams

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by SpaceCadetKevin, May 5, 2014.

1. SpaceCadetKevin

SpaceCadetKevin Well-Known Member VIP

I'm reviving an old topic with a new thread.

Share a bit of those strange images your brain pieces together in the night for all to enjoy/be disgusted by.

Last night, I dreamt there was something stuck to the inside of my cheek, imbedded deep into the flesh. I pulled the object out and sitting in my hand was a bloody, infant leg stripped of flesh with ligaments and bone exposed to the open air.

I woke up shortly after quite disturbed to say the least.

Sent from the new and improved space phone.

trukklob likes this.
  2. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

This wasn't particularly weird but it was funny. In my dream I had a strong pain in my side and I couldn't work out what was causing it. It just got worse and worse during the dream. Finally I woke up to find my son had come to my bed after a bad dream and his foot was wedged in my ribs.

Dynodamon likes this.
  3. trukklob

trukklob Active Member Creative Architect

Nice...
    I just woke up and was having an extended dream where everyone around me was charging at me full speed. I would duck behind various objects (shelving, walls, etc.) and the people would smash into them and essentially disintegrate. Whats more peculiar is that they all seemed to be waiting in line, as if waiting their turn to charge, and when their turn came, they would laugh maniacally as they charged to their imminent doom.

*spooky*

4. DastardlyWhale

DastardlyWhale Well-Known Member

I used to practice lucid dreaming a couple years back with a couple friends, and I've actually gotten good at it until the whole incident where I stopped breathing crossing over into one happened that got me never to do it again. :/

1st dream:
    This was really a test of my awareness while I was lucid dreaming where I would always appear in my high school for some reason and walk around only to find out that everybody seemed a bit off that day. From then on, i would do things like fly, phase through walls and even slow down time.

2nd dream:
    Appearing at school again, this time the school's buildings were arranged differently and some buildings were actually upside down. This time people were not around, rather it was just myself in the dream this time. I think this was one where I've actually scared myself awake by falling off a building for whatever reason.

3rd dream:
    This time I was at my high school's entrance and I felt as if my movement was more restricted since I had some difficulty moving from one place to the other. People were at the school, but they were standing still and staring at the ground. There was one particular person who was moving around normally but I couldn't catch up to them due to my restrained movement. Can't really remember the rest from there.

trukklob likes this.
  5. trukklob

hehehe... Lucid dreaming for me means taking some type of sleep aide (pick your poison), then setting my alarm to go off every hour on the hour for about 8 hours straight. As I drift to sleep in the first hour, it is a very light and restless sleep, usually with my mind racing and no real dream imagery or sound at first. Then the first alarm goes off and snaps me awake... As this process repeats, each successive slip into sleep gets deeper and deeper, with the turnaround time from the alarm shrinking each time as well. By about the 6th hour, I am able to recognize that I am dreaming, and become lucid inside the dream, having almost complete control over my unconscious and subconscious actions. The 6th, 7th, and later hours see my dreams (or nightmares) starting to coalesce into a single stream of consciousness, usually taking the form of a prolonged story or journey that I am actively engineering. Lots of fun, especially if your thoughts or creative juices form more positive, colorful, or even sexual imagery for your ephemeral avatar to navigate through.

:D

6. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

7. trukklob

Alright cyb, ya got me (;

Most of the personal artistic style and vision that I have developed in my lifetime spawned from my fascination with Giger's "Biomechanic" and "Alien Landscape" airbrush collections. I stumbled across several paperback versions of Swedish surrealist H.R. Giger's art compilations at a 'Half Price Books' store in Dallas, Texas when I was about nine years old. I have seen many other styles and types of artwork since, but none have stuck with me so persistently and completely as Giger's works have. I've never been more drawn to any series of paintings or sketchings than I have been to those of his "Devil" or "Wir Atomkinder" collections. Truly, if a living person could envision what "Hell" looks like, Giger has done so brilliantly with his uniquely dark and twisted paintings. Perhaps it is my somewhat pessimistic and brooding disposition that drew me to these pieces, or maybe I saw a reflection of my own devious human nature staring back at me on those pages... either way, in the spirit of this thread, when I realize that I have awoken from yet another nightmare, all too often I see imagery that is reminiscent of Giger's dark reality.

On a lighter note... I never played Darkseed, lel-

-Trukkity trukk trukks