Bane of Broken Boats

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by Mega_Spud, May 15, 2014.

1. Mega_Spud

Mega_Spud Active Member VIP

Boats used to drop as boats when they broke, has that feature been removed? Or has something gone awry?

They also seem to break too easily at the moment, and into sticks and planks (like vanilla).

Could this possibly be fixed?

2. SpaceCadetKevin

SpaceCadetKevin Well-Known Member VIP

Boats only drop as boats when destroyed by the player. Use an axe or your fist. Smashing them into land will result in the boat shattering into pieces.

Sent from the new and improved space phone.

3. Mega_Spud

Yep, they didn't until recently though. Ramming them into the shore also used to make them drop as boats.

4. Mega_Spud

5. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

Boats used to always drop as wood and sticks, now u can pick them up by hand. I like that if you crash, the boat breaks. It adds a hint of realism to the game :)

Sent from my damned apple device

6. SpaceCadetKevin

Just don't ram your boat into things. I believe it will live a much happier life and thank you for not smashing its face into unforgiving land masses.

BurningIce2 likes this.
  7. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

There was a time when boats did in fact drop as boats when you crashed in to things. And I kinda liked it :/ And you can hit the boat will any tool and it will drop instantly.

8. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

yeah its called 2 weeks ago

Mega_Spud likes this.
  9. SpaceCadetKevin

Actually... It has been months. I can't remember in which update the change was made. I'll look into it.

*The change was made in update 1.3.1.

10. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

Aren't boats still bugged in multiplayer? It's kinda annoying to 'crash' 50m from ANY land mass. Not that dropping the boat as an item would help much, as you would still be 50m from your boat...

If boats still suffer the same issue (I can't get online to check :/), then I second this plugin
    with the config set to put the boat in your inventory.

StephenP67 and Mega_Spud like this.
  11. TheTechGeek245

but the server had boats drop as boats for as long as i have been here

Mega_Spud likes this.
  12. SpaceCadetKevin

If broken by the player they will. If run into anything but soul sand, they will break into 3 planks and 2 sticks. That is a vanilla mechanic that has not been messed with as far as I know.

Boats are still quite buggy, but don't seem to be as bad as they once were (this may just be in my case.) I would support a plugin that deposited the boat into the player's inventory or guaranteed it to drop intact.

13. oiShocKWavesv

You're not getting it space! There was a plugin or something that was allowing the boats to drop as boats when you crashed! Not planks and sticks!

Mega_Spud likes this.
  14. SpaceCadetKevin

I get what you're trying to say. What I am saying is I do not recall that ever being a feature. I have slammed many a boat on the shores of land masses and never once has it dropped as a boat. Now I could be wrong, but that is what I have experienced.

15. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

As far as i'm concerned there is and never has been a plugin of this sort. Boats have always worked just as they would in vanilla multiplayer in whichever update the server was on.

We don't need anything like this. If you aren't willing to account for your boat breaking, don't use a boat. There is no reason you can't have backup wood on you to make another boat, or just simply another boat itself.

THEdeadRETURNED likes this.
  16. oiShocKWavesv

Well them I am really confused. Because I know for a fact there was a point when you could ride a boat directly in to land and it would drop as a boat.

Mega_Spud likes this.
  17. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

18. TheTechGeek245

u guys havnt been riding boats in awhile when I went riding between siliconia and my town I OFTEN crashed into land causing the boat to drop as a BOAT

19. SpaceCadetKevin

To clarify, it was in update 1.3.1 that boats dropped as their item as a result of a player breaking them either with a tool or with their fist. Before this update boats, no matter how they were broken, dropped as 3 planks and 2 sticks.

I take a boat to return to my mine in mining world every day I go to mine. When I hit land... it breaks into planks and sticks. When I break it with a tool or my fist, it drops as a boat every time for near everyday over the last month and a half.

Again, I am not aware of any plugin related to boats in anyway on our server, but perhaps it would be best to get the word of an Admin on this subject. sharqman

20. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

Actually shock and tech are right. We usually have a plugin that makes boats drop as an item even when crashed. I'm not sure what plugin does it, or why it was disabled, but it's definitely been enabled until recently.

Mega_Spud likes this.