This week in ShadeCrest - 2014/05/16

Discussion in 'News and Updates' started by CyberVic, May 17, 2014.

1. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

[​IMG]
    Summary:
    • Survival - Spawn Update
    • Survival - DeathMatch Improvements
    • Survival - Legendary Potions
    • Survival - PvP Council Update
    • Survival - Voting Commands
    • Creative - Community Building Project
    • FTB - Updated to Monster 1.1.1

Survival - Spawn Update
    The full implementation of spawn drags on and I apologize. ezeiger92 has been on vacation and while the quiz from what I can tell is mostly done, we just need to switch over to using it. Once he is back from vacation or hopefully sooner, things should finalize then we can move onto rolling out the renting of spawn plots and market stalls.

Survival - DeathMatch Improvements
    With the introduction of the new spawn, my old DeathMatch arena is nonfunctional. A new and improved version is in the works. Planned features include player commands, a real arena, and the ability to play anytime you want. Hopefully this adds a positive new dynamic to PvP, allowing people to practice their skills on the server without losing gear (before going out and doing the fun part :p)

Survival - Legendary Potions
    Legendary potions are now available on ShadeCrest. Collect all 27 today! Each potion contains varying effects that go beyond the boundaries of vanilla potions. You can now win them during general events or ShadeTokens! If you want to see what one of these potions looks like, check one out in this preview image.

Survival - PvP Council Update
    Along with the rest of the forum cleanup I've been busy with, the PvP Council now has its own official forum instead of having to use conversations. So what has the council been discussing? Lots of things. What started out as a simple conversation about a single rule has turned into a much broader discussion about the revamp of PvP on ShadeCrest, making it fun again, eliminating the need for so many rules, and replacing them with interesting new systems. It will mean that some big change is coming to ShadeCrest. Change which might scare a lot of people, but our goal is to make things better for the future of ShadeCrest. More information about what we will be proposing will be coming. Look out for some polls on the boards which will gather some player feedback prior to the announcement. If you could change a single thing about PvP on ShadeCrest, what would it be? I'm interested in your thoughts.

Survival - Voting Commands
    No, sadly you can't vote from in-game, like the title might have suggested. But you can now check your vote count for this month, using "/votes" and check the current top 5 monthly voters using "/votetop". Remember how our reward system works: 5000r goes to anyone with 150 votes, 3000r to the remaining top 5, 1000r to anyone over 75 votes, and 500 to those with over 50. See this thread for more info.

Creative - Community Building Project
    A new community project is underway! The theme is nature/medieval/elven, and you are free too do whatever you want for it. Modreq a house, a well, or anything else you can come up with for the project and admins will copy it over. The completed project will be rendered and posted on the ShadeCrset PMC with credits to its builders. If you have a PMC and have helped (or intend to help) send TehRawB your username in a PM on the forum and he will add a link to your PMC. The community projects will last until the new creative spawn is finished and will be posted then.

Current people working on the project are:
    A360P, Snarferman, qb10panther, Pieman_Is_God, TheKillorX, bobbylou4, Chandler107, TehRawB, trukklob, GingerSwan, and CW390

FTB - Updated to Monster 1.1.1
    Lots of bug fixes and updates to key plugins in this version. Electricraft 19b is a totally new mod added and 35 other mod updates. Full patch notes for this version are available here.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2014
    CW390, epic_poke8, Magetime and 4 others like this.
  2. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

I still want a skull command for creative.

3. Pieman_Is_God

Pieman_Is_God Well-Known Member VIP Creative Architect

You VIP on there?
    You can do ./skull [name] - It's part of microblocks

StephenP67 and oiShocKWavesv like this.
  4. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

Do we have an ETA on the plot/stalls being open for sale? I really want to try and have a real active and updated shop.

oiShocKWavesv likes this.
  5. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

Damn, I can't afford it. Thanks, though.