I'm an Idiot...

Discussion in 'Requests / Reports' started by Random0ne, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

I'd like to report myself for accidental griefing on the Space Engineers survival server. Long story short, I managed to crash someone else's ship. To the owner of the Dog Sled 2.0, I sincerely apologize. Today is literally the first day I've had the game, so I'm still getting used to the mechanics. I had just built my first ship, and I wanted to compare its speed to another small ship. The Dog Sled happened to be the closest ship, so I borrowed it. I swear I was being as careful as possible, but I (stupidly) didn't realize that a ship with more mass doesn't stop as fast as a smaller one. I hit the side of the larger welding ship, and blew the back off of the Dog Sled. Again, I'm terribly sorry; I had no intention of breaking the ship. I recovered as many pieces of the ship as possible, and restored them to full health. The welding ship is also at full health. I also parked the remaining part of the Dog Sled in the cargo bay. I would have attempted to rebuild the back half of the ship, but I have no idea how it was put together. To whoever owns the ship, I'm more than willing to help repair it; I just don't know how. One last time, I'm really sorry about the crash.

Slebert and oiShocKWavesv like this.
  2. GingerSwan

GingerSwan Active Member VIP

noob

CanOpenerCloser likes this.
  3. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

Lol you wouldn't think the bigger it is the longer it takes to stop like in real life?

4. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

The ship wasn't much bigger than the one I made, so I didn't think there would be that much of a difference. Also, video games != real life.

5. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

Space engineers is designed to be as close as possible to real life just saying :p

6. Archenemy666

Archenemy666 Active Member VIP

All you need to recognise is physics. Since this is a game that emulates our knowledge of physics; if you have two bodies that are nearly equal mass, you need to know if they have similar thruster power. If they do not, then assume that one will slow down/accelerate/turn faster/slower than the other. Space is not the ground, you can't just accelerate and assume you'll slow down. There is little to no gravitational/frictional forces to slow you down. Just for hilarity's sake I like to just punch the accelerator and crash things. I like destruction.

Also, Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaceeeeeeeee, I'm in Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaceeee

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    Random0ne likes this.
  7. Slebert

Slebert Active Member VIP

RIP Dog Sled 2.0, guess I should hop on and build Dog Sled 3.0 today XD do t worry about breaking it, I crash my ships a lot, hence it being 2.0 :p

Sent from Sleberts phone

Random0ne likes this.
  8. Slebert

Slebert Active Member VIP

Just be glad it wasn't Ford Prius, as that is my favorite ship, and it's fast, way too fast

Sent from Sleberts phone

CyberVic and Nifix like this.
  9. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

Slebert likes this.
  10. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

The Ford Prius is safe over in Space Canada.

Nifix and Slebert like this.