Race Track!

Discussion in 'Community Projects' started by Slebert, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Slebert

Slebert Active Member VIP

So we have had this idea for a while to build a race track and have people compete in space ship races, and I think now we are ready to do it! I think the best way to build it would be more of a point to point kind of thing, where you have to go through rings and tunnels, I am going to start drawing up some plans and building some prototypes on creative first, so if anyone is intrested or has any ideas, feel free to contribute!

Sent from Sleberts phone

oiShocKWavesv likes this.
  2. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

I'd be down with this, building the thing would be WAY less hard now that we have big welding ships. Even the idea of building this in the past was like... WTF YOU SERIOUS BRAH? But now it's actually something we can do.

Slebert likes this.
  3. Slebert

Yeah, it seems like it's accually a possibility now, plus now that we have a larger community of players we can have more people working on it. Then once we finish the track we have to figure out the rules for the race ship construction.

I figure that the only real restrictions should be that you can only have one large reactor and no weapons(including grinders/mining heads) and possibly a size restraint to make sure it fits on the track.

Sent from Sleberts phone

4. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

Yeah I think the one large reactor is the key constraint. Maybe also that you can only start the race with X amount of uranium and you have to visit a pit to refuel your uranium.

The size constraint shouldn't be necessary, pilots should logically know that making it big will either adversely affect their maneuverability, make it unable for them to fly or start on the racing block, or whatever. Maybe we just make it so physically smaller ships get priority in the starting block and large ships have to be pushed to the back of the starting block. Besides that the track itself should work out whether people's ships are too big / small.

Slebert likes this.
  5. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

larger community more like 12 people probably yes but im in once my base gets off its feet

6. Slebert

thats 3x what we had... so yeah larger