Bungeecord Error.

Discussion in 'Minecraft Help' started by thodazarexrt, Jul 9, 2014.

1. thodazarexrt

thodazarexrt Member

Hi! I'm having problems connecting to the main server and the survival server because of something to do with BungeeCord config. I'm not sure if I have to download anything or if it's just a problem with the port I'm trying to connect to.

If you have any imformation that might help that would be much appreciated :). Thank you.

2. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

if you use mc.shadecrest.com you should be fine

3. thodazarexrt

thodazarexrt Member

Yeah I did use it and it just timed me out. I have no idea haha.

4. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

5. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

Has this been sorted out? The bungeecord config message pops up if you try to connect to a server directly instead of using mc.shadecrest.com.

6. thodazarexrt

thodazarexrt Member

Well no I used mc.shadecrest.com and I got timed out. I've been trying to log in for a couple days and it just times me out every time I attempt to connect to it. I'm not sure what to do to fix time outs. I think it might be something to do with my firewall.

7. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

What is the exact error you're getting? Is your minecraft profile on version 1.7.9, and are you able to connect to other servers properly?

8. thodazarexrt

thodazarexrt Member

Yeah my profile is on 1.7.9. I don't get an error connecting to the main server I just get timed out, like the message reads Timed Out :p. I'll try and connect to another server and tell you what happens.

Update: Alright I connected to another server fine.

9. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

ping mc.shadecrest.com on cmd/terminal

10. thodazarexrt

thodazarexrt Member

Oh alright thanks :).

11. thodazarexrt

thodazarexrt Member

Pinging didn't work.

12. sharqman

weird, can you go on mc.shadecrest.com/votecount in your browser? You might have an issue with your firewall.

millz14 likes this.
  13. thodazarexrt

thodazarexrt Member

I disabled my firewall and tried to connect but that didn't work. I'll see if I can.

14. thodazarexrt

thodazarexrt Member

No the site is messed up for me, so it must be a problem with my firewall :(. I'm not sure what would fix that problem.

15. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

I wonder if it could be some sort of viral dns hack? If you've disabled your firewall and still can't get on. Are you having issues with your browser? Installed any 'helpers' lately?

16. thodazarexrt

thodazarexrt Member

No I don't have issues with my browser, and I don't think it would be a dns hack because I can connect to other servers. I'm pretty sure it's my firewall, I'll have to get my brother to check out the problem to see if anything is wrong. I don't really install anything on this computer.

17. sharqman

millz14 likes this.
  18. thodazarexrt

thodazarexrt Member

Alright thank you so much :)