VotePoint Ideas

Discussion in 'Minecraft Discussions' started by qb10panther, Jul 21, 2014.

1. qb10panther

qb10panther Member

After seeing the addition of VotePoints I've been thinking about what people could possibly buy with them. I have some ideas but also it would be cool to see what everyone would use them for. Here are my ideas for creative, since I really don't play on survival enough.

Maybe you could buy:
    • More warps, this could work for both servers I guess. I know that in creative you only get 5 public warps but it would be nice to have more.
    • Access to /hat
    • Access to /dis
    • Prefixes/Suffixes
    Those are what I could think of. Any other suggestions are welcome.

2. THEdeadRETURNED

THEdeadRETURNED Active Member VIP

eventually temp worldedit for creative? I'm thinking temp (maybe a week? couple days? idk) VIP perks, but making them need a lot of points, plus smaller stuff like items on survival and warps/whatever you creative guys can think of for creative.
    Congrats on admin btw :)

epic_poke8 and qb10panther like this.
  3. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

Come August, all of the non-cosmetic VIP perks for both creative and survival will have to be removed to adhere to the new enforcement of Mojang's EULA. My main idea for the vote shop is to add the current non-cosmetic VIP perks among other things. Keep in mind that all of the inexhaustible shop items would be rented for a period of time (access to "/command" for 24 hours), while all of the exhaustible items would be purchased for good (buy an extra warp for x amount of VotePoints). What I really think would do well on creative, if you admins are okay with it, is access to certain WorldEdit features, and possibly a few other building tools.

Once August rolls along, only apprentices and above will be able to use WorldEdit. As I'm sure you're aware, getting your build to the standards of apprentice is quite difficult without the use of tools like WorldEdit, so players will strive to earn enough VotePoints to get, say, "//set" for 24 hours so they can crack down on their builds. That was my main idea for creative, but you admins and creative players would know better than me, so I'd love to hear your ideas :p Same goes for survival.

4. THEdeadRETURNED

wouldnt adding them to the vote shop make them legal to sell for real cash since technically anyone can get the perks?

kmpurplekat and Random0ne like this.
  5. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

That was actually what I was going to add. The mojang eula prohibits paying for exclusive items/perks, not paying for convenient access to items/perks.

6. THEdeadRETURNED

so its simple, VIPs keep what they paid for, and voters can get it temp for votepoints

7. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

Yea! I deserve what I paid for!

THEdeadRETURNED likes this.
  8. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

Uh, no. Gameplay can't be different for players that donate. Not needing to vote to retain perks is a different experience. Unlockable in-game, but able to be purchased is still free-to-play, which was one of the main reasons for the eula change in the first place.

9. GingerSwan

GingerSwan Active Member VIP

Goddangit. I'm sad. I need my WorldEdit!

10. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

EULA Revisited

Random0ne likes this.
  11. Random0ne

Random0ne Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation-the-follow-up-qa/

VotePoints cannot be converted to real world money, making them soft currency. All users can purchase perks for a limited amount of time using VotePoints, therefore giving everyone access to trial periods. So, existing VIPs can still keep their VIP perks, and new people can pay for the perks if they don't want to use VotePoints on them. As I said, paying for convenience, rather than paying for exclusive items. I would appreciate it if you read mojang's explanation about their eula before correcting me.

Edit: I was writing this as Stephen posted.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
    ndvenckus1 and Dynodamon like this.
  12. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

Thanks for that, Stephen and Random. I was under the impression that if a VIP bought a non-cosmetic item with hard currency, the item given had to be immediately available to the buyer along with all the other players on the server. In hindsight, I probably should have reread all the different EULA pages Mojang's posted before stating my plan :p In that case, all VIPs will keep their existing perks, and all VIP perks will be available for rent through the vote shop, along with a few other exclusive items that have yet to be determined.

StephenP67 likes this.
  13. GingerSwan

Yes! That seems fair, seeing as though I paid 70 USD between creative and survival :p

14. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

The way I interpret that, basically we can keep all VIP perks whether they are cosmetic or non-cosmetic as long as there is a process in game for aquiring the same stuff with "soft currency" aka with Rupies or Vote tokens or Shade Tokens or whatever. Yes I think a good solid re-read of all of the stuff and really make sure we read the legalese. Once we have clarified everything. We will make a post on the front page confirming what is changing.

For example /hat and other VIP perks may need to be purchasable using Vote or Shade Tokens. Based on the wording, it seems like they can get access to /hat for 30 days for X tokens, that is also ok. This is similar to how for example Firefall makes it so that everything is purchasable with real money, but also everything is obtainable that is available with real money without real money so there is no pay to win.

Again, we'll need to read all the legalize. I think as an overall strategy we'd like to keep things so that VIP's retain everything they have now, still allow if possible for people to still buy everything they've bought before continuing forward still with real money, and we just add capabilities to buy them with soft currency in addition to with hard currency, which means that ShadeCrest stays in a free-to-play compliance.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  15. GingerSwan

This is a rly good idea :)

16. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

On survival, possibly color item names and/or item descriptions/lore/strings? Purely aesthetic.

waterpower1 likes this.
  17. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

Are we still doing this? If not, lock the thread, if so, hear me out.
    Amazing tools! Not weapons, tools. They'd have Efficiency VI and Unbreaking IV. Diamond. Expensive. Useful for most (but not all) situations.

Gatouli likes this.
  18. GingerSwan

Eff 5 is way too fast on shovels, let alone 6 :p

19. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

Sooooo votepoints for legendaries

20. GingerSwan

Sounds pretty good.