This Week in ShadeCrest - 2014/08/08

Discussion in 'News and Updates' started by CyberVic, Aug 9, 2014.

1. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

[​IMG]

Summary:

• Survival - Official Shadecrest Shops
    • Creative - Moderator Promotions
    • FTB - Stability fixes
    • Space Engineers - Custom Mods

Survival - Official Shadecrest Shops
    waterpower1 has taken the initiative and helped launched the initial shops. People moving in are to understand that the prices are not fixed and subject to change as we get community feedback on the whole situation. More details can be found here.

Creative - Moderator Promotions
    Navarog has been doing a great job promoting new staff. We've promoted three worthy players to moderator, I_am_dropbear, Yoyojoel, and cemeterry. Applications are still open and we're still looking for one more moderator, though. If you're guest or BI on Creative, you should make friends with these players ;D

FTB - Stability fixes
    Dynodamon and ezeiger92 have been both helping stabilize our build of Feed the Beast. Dyno's got a really good guide that has helped many people already get their version patched properly for our custom build. For those who don't know it's basically latest monster + gregtech - a few of the more broken mods that are overpowered. Cage Industries is in full swing and loving the new stability though there's 1 or 2 minor issues still to resolve.

Space Engineers - Custom Mods
    This week's update finally released the community SDK and the ability to not only mod Space Engineers, but put those mods on the server and have clients auto download mods when they connect. I expect the modding community to explode over the next couple of weeks. I'd like feedback from the players as to what mods you're looking for or suggest to be installed on Space Engineers. I might try out mods on the community server first and keep the mods on the public server to a more minimal number. I will likely be writing a lot of custom mods myself since Space Engineers is all C# and that's my primary programming language (so give me ideas!)

GingerSwan, I_am_dropbear and Navarog like this.
  2. I_am_dropbear

I_am_dropbear Active Member

I was told that knan1198 can't access forums, but would like to apply for mod.. just letting you know

3. Magetime

Magetime Active Member VIP

Is this new current FTB alot better than ones we've had? If you dont mind me asking is it any less laggy?

4. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

Yes it's a lot less laggy. We have been aggressively disabling mods which add significant lag. This version includes Gregtech which has been a struggle to get it working with everything else well, but so far it's been a pretty smooth progression.

Magetime and Archenemy666 like this.