Help building my shop

Discussion in 'Help Wanted' started by CyberVic, Aug 19, 2014.

1. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

I'm busy doing way too many things right now.

I'm split right now between coding the marketplace plugin with Erik and the rollout / configuration of the new Vanilla+ server. I have a plan in terms of how I want the chests layed out and overall interior design of my shop, but I'm honestly a kinda meh builder. Because this is going to be a building at spawn I want it to look good. So....

I would love help from someone more builder savy than me (I'm technical not creative) and would love help on a design of a building that feels like it's mine but also feels like it works at spawn. It's the corner lot over at Silver-3 in the Marketplace at spawn.

Maybe if you build a draft of a building in creative and I can then build it myself.

The plot is 16x16 and 10 high (11 if you include the ground). I'd like it to be two stories with a lift.

Appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

2. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

I'm good with ideas but for building im still stuck at lil B1 lol ...I'm not a great builder but I'm good

3. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

Any particular style you're going for?

I'm happy to draft a few ideas/buildings if you want. 16x16 isn't too big.

4. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

Beach house, beach house, beach house, beach house!

5. GingerSwan

GingerSwan Active Member VIP

Would help if I could, maybe I could do it in singleplayer and put the world for download?

6. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

A two story building that can only be 10 blocks high is a little tricky :/

7. Legend9468

To expand on Shock's post a bit for Cyb's benefit (and any others reading this). Usual building conventions have the min roof height at 4 blocks, so 3 of air and then the floor above. So 4 for a 1 story build, 8 for a 2 story and so on. So basically we have 2 blocks for the roof, not impossible, just a bit tricky.

8. Legend9468

Finished a shop, set it to my /home.

Probs not what you're looking for, but after this maybe I can get a better direction.

9. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

I have also made a small shop. I am aware that it will not accommodate your chest design 3:
    My /home

10. CyberVic

Thanks guys I'll check it out when I'm next on.

11. GingerSwan

GingerSwan Active Member VIP

Mine's a kinda nether brick/sandstone style build.

12. CyberVic

Fell in love with Shock's build, but really liked Legend's little rustic build too.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
    Legend9468 likes this.