Enderman Farms....????

Discussion in 'Requests and Reports' started by oiShocKWavesv, Sep 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

I have noticed that a few enderman farms have been worldedited out recently.
    This has even resulted in deaths leading to loss of items.
    The question is why??
    What the hell is wrong with enderman farms? And why are they being unjustly removed because "I don't like mob farms".
    I am sick and tired of the amount of changes happening to vanilla mechanics/features. If mojang believed that they were too OP for whatever reason they would have dealt with them. The only clear reason to me is mcmmo exp.
    If someone spends the time and effort setting up an efficient and well built enderman farm why can't they reap the benefits? Are they gone break the economy with enderpealrs? I think not.
    There has been nothing said about it being illegal. No warnings. No rules broken. Just genuine bullshit.
    I haven't been effected, even indirectly, by this but it's still pissing me off that peoples' hard work is being instantly removed for no good reason that I can see.
    I haven't even seen the people who die get their items reimbursed.
    I could understand if this was straight abuse of something, but it isn't. In any way.
    I know for a fact that people aren't happy with the changes being implemented. There hasn't even been any kind of announcement about this, people are logging on and finding their farms just gone.

CyberVic ezeiger92

2. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

Ok, so now I understand some of this better, less flare and anger was needed. But still, I dont get why THEdead's farm was removed.

3. PieSquared761

PieSquared761 Well-Known Member VIP

Apparently, if someone dies in a PvP zone, even from non-PvP or anything in the game itself (WE), then their stuff doesn't exist

4. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

One. I removed one. The other things I removed were cobble pillars and water.
    Did you die? Did you loose items? Or are you reacting to things you read in chat without actually knowing facts? THEdeadRETURNED died, and I gave him his stuff back. SkittlesQueen died and demanded her items back, I was busy and don't take kindly to whining, so she hasn't been refunded yet.
    And if you asked this in chat instead of feeding the fire, you would have known it was removed on suspicion of being world-edited/made in creative mode.
    I don't like mob farms, that isn't why I removed it. Rhetoric.
    I am sick and tired of this 'argument'. We made a vanilla server so that we can make changes to survival. Don't like the changes? Go there. And don't claim to understand Minecraft's developers.
    From our updated rules:
    "Admins only care about the economy"
    -and-
    "I am mad because clearly admin abuse"
    You know so much about us, you should be admin.
    Definitely the reacting-without-knowing-facts thing, then.
    Except that we are pretty sure it was made with world-edit and/or creative mode.
    People really aren't happy look at how many mad people oh no so much hate for change.
    This was one enderman farm and a bunch of ugly do-nothing cobble and water in the end.

• PvP and greifing allowed map made of block floating in the void
    • If I took some of my tnt and blew it up, people would die the same
    • I already gave THEdeadRETURNED his items back
    • I don't react well to being order to do X, especially by a member
    • Prism stores data for 2+ months, items are not time sensitive
    If there had been a 'please', or at a minimum 'I warped to X's home and fell into the void', I would have taken a break from what I was doing to refund items. Instead, there was complaining, there was "I deserve...", there was "that's not fair!". I will return Skittles' items eventually, when I'm finished with what I'm doing, and when I don't have to deal with stupid rhetoric fueled threads that do nothing but shit misinformation into everyone's lap.

-edit-
    Dynodamon has already returned her items.

-edit2-
    Kevin showed me it is possible to make the farm without world-edit or creative mode. Crossing out that part.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  5. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

Ok guys here's the situation.

It was A360P / ZMilla's farm. These players are no longer part of our community. They have left. We are in the process of removing old stuff which is property of old players. It sounds like a lot of the community was using this farm. If they are that easy to build, maybe you should build ones yourselves.

Be careful warping to a region where griefing is allowed, resets happen, and builds are not guaranteed to last forever. The end, nether, and mining worlds can be reset at any time and it's our duty as admins to clean up old things from old players. We began at spawn and decided to do it at that particular farm as well.

So them's the facts. No reason for drama here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.