True, true, false.

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by epic_poke8, Oct 29, 2014.

1. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

I do not know if there is already a thread about this game, but it's a rather well known one. The rules are simple: One person says three statements, two of which are true, one is false. It's up to the other players to guess which is false. One answer per person, and the first to answer correctly says the next three statements. I will go first.

I once fished with Tom Felton
    I own both an iPhone5 and an HTC Evo
    I have broken every appendage at least once

Alright! Which one's false?

2. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

Last one..gut feeling lol

3. GingerSwan

GingerSwan Active Member VIP

First one.

oiShocKWavesv likes this.
  4. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

Item 2. Hope I'm right, throwing down my questions. BTW one minor flaw with this game, because it's multiple choice, all it takes is 3 people answering different ways for at least one of them to be right.

1. Was there at PAX when Wil Wheaton first gave his famous "Don't be a dick" speech.
    2. I've been invited to every single Blizzard game since Diablo 1 including every expansion Beta.
    3. I wrote my first line of code at the age of 8 (27 years ago).

5. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

6. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

You're supposed to be told who got the right, then the winner says the questions. xD
    EDIT: Epic hasn't been on since 10:17am or something, so he wouldn't have been able to check the answers.

7. Slebert

Slebert Active Member VIP

3 is the false one

GingerSwan likes this.
  8. oiShocKWavesv

9. GingerSwan

Same

10. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

I wrote a line of code around that age.

11. GingerSwan

Coding 6 years ago is far easier than 27. 27 years ago, public internet wasn't a thing, so no online courses.

12. epic_poke8

Cyber, your damned lucky you were correct. Please don't post options for the next round until confirmed correct.

13. GingerSwan

*You're

epic_poke8 likes this.
  14. epic_poke8

Actually, "Cyber, you, your damned, and your lucky* were correct."

15. oiShocKWavesv

[​IMG]

16. hywzerboydy

hywzerboydy Active Member VIP

17. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

#1 was obviously true, I've made comments on it before.
    #3 is true. My dad worked for the federal reserve and took up programming as a hobby and I learned by watching him. At the age of 8, told him that he should use a SELECT CASE statement instead of multiple if statements, that it would be more efficient. He and I have coded together as a team ever sense and obvious it's become my profession.
    #2 is a half truth, I was not the original WoW Beta, nor was I in the Wrathe of the Lich King beta, though I've beta'ed everything else Blizzard has made since Diablo 1.

Oh and youngin' (GingerSwan), we might have not had the internet, but we did have basic, quick basic from dial up BBS services. I remember writing a basic menu system for quick loading apps prior to Windows. I still remember VB1 for DOS, VB2 for Windows 3.11, and VB3 for Windows 95.

So gratz Tech.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  18. GingerSwan

K, ty for clearing up :)

19. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

They did have computer mags though. We had our first computer in 1982. If I could find mags here they would have had them in the US.

20. GingerSwan

Cyber showed me my mistake, but ty anyway Stephen.