Shadecrest movie

Discussion in 'Minecraft Discussions' started by TimNerd2, Nov 28, 2014.

?

Do you think we should make a movie?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    65.4%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    38.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Archenemy666

Archenemy666 Active Member VIP

2. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

3. NMBr2d2

NMBr2d2 Well-Known Member VIP

[​IMG]

Sophiiiiiiier likes this.
  4. Legend9468

And yes Arch, I understand the sentiment. The prose is a bit clunky, and there's 5 episodes worth of concepts in there, but we'll work on it.

5. DastardlyWhale

DastardlyWhale Well-Known Member

-________________________(\

6. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

... I am sorry, this is just horrible. I am retracting my offer because I do not feel like this will go anywhere. Setting up a world, permissions, inventories, and all the other countless things that are required to allow you to film this "script" will not be worth the end result.

There were spelling errors, tons of grammatical errors, inconsistent character behavior, and the plot is still lost on me. It feels like you tried to take the main ideas from 4-5 different films and mix them together, but the end is just a pile of mush.

7. Legend9468

Duly noted. As I've stated, I'm trying to polish the whole idea and get everyone on the same page at the moment. Might be a better idea to come back later in the week once we've done that.

8. TimNerd2

TimNerd2 Member

Ok guys ez has now decided not to help us at all and now. The project looks pretty bleak unless someone can host a server

I'm not sure if I want to continue

As without at world to do it on as. Don't have any money to put aside I'm stuck

Unless someone can write me a better quality script within a week as I'm writing rough drafts

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  9. Legend9468

I'll continue developing a script, aiming for more a webseries type thing than a movie. I have intended to try some recording in the future, so I may pick this up at a later date if it doesn't go ahead now.

Edit: Was the comment aimed at both scripts Ez? They were both kinda being developed in parallel, so differences will occur, but I'm differing to his for general plot direction.

10. ezeiger92

TimNerd2
    For gods sake, learn to edit your posts, compressing.

11. TimNerd2

TimNerd2 Member

Legend great work on the script

Do you mind if I post it?

And ez please try to be a little nicer I'm trying to help and do something

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  12. Legend9468

Tim, try just pressing enter to do a new line, instead of doing 3 different comments. Trust me, it saves space and annoys people less.

And the link's right there, so anyone can click on it to view it, same as you. No need to copy/paste it here.

Another neat thing for long post is doing

ndvenckus1 likes this.
  13. TimNerd2

TimNerd2 Member

Ok legend I'm writing something in the style of yours. I'm writing a part about him wandering up the coast back to the ruins of the military base. I'm sorry but we are both leading the plot ATM. You can edit my next 2 episodes. I'm planning to fit it all on 10 episodes max. And I'm sorry if I'm driving people insane. I'm not a very good person with people and I think I've annoyed lots of people with this project. I'm sorry if I've done that please forgive me

14. ezeiger92

The first one was very abstract, the second was the target of my post.

15. Legend9468

I meant the google doc one, or the comment one. But point taken.

16. ezeiger92

Just noticed your link, I was referring to the ones in the thread posted by tim, reading yours now. Sorry for confusion ^^

17. Legend9468

No probs Ez, that lessens my confusion :)

If you can get the basic concepts of what you want to go down written Tim, then I can flesh it all out like I have been doing. I haven't had to do creative writing on this scale for a while, so I may be a little rusty, but I should be good as co-writer.

18. TimNerd2

TimNerd2 Member

Okie dokey thanks. Cause I have written a little bit but I think you may be better for the job as everyone hates my writing but if you can do that legend I'll give you my enchant book chest in game for your work.

If you could write them all. I'll start thinking about a world design. And some other stuff. But I hope ex will approve of your writing he just hates me in general. But anyways I'm busy ATM so yeah thanks legend I owe you one.

19. TimNerd2

TimNerd2 Member

And guys please stop making **** up about me I don't like it. Especially 2 posts. I'm trying hard and if you want to upset people go do it to some other people.

20. ezeiger92

Whoah, cool your jets there mate. It takes a lot for me to hate someone, and you have not done enough to earn my hate. I didn't see potential in what you wrote for a "script", and I'm not going to beat around the bush to say it.

Weren't you the player I lent flymode to for making a timelapse? The reason I allowed it wasn't because you were doing something for ShadeCrest, it was because you had an idea of a project you wanted to do that was very simple. I believed you could pull off what you wanted to accomplish with a little bit of my help, so I assisted. I saw this movie in a similar fashion: it seemed more like a fun thing to do, maybe for your personal YouTube channel, but not something that would dramatically benefit ShadeCrest, so if you had a decent idea, I would lend a hand to get it off the ground. Unfortunately, it seemed like you had no idea the scope of making a decent video, and were unable to give me an example of a coherent plot. I didn't see the project getting off the ground, so I retracted my support so that this thread wouldn't turn into "Is this better now? How about now? What about this?" I'm not going to waste your time having you write and rewrite plots and scripts for my approval if I feel like you will never get it.

I am sorry that my responses came off overly hostile, I am a bit of an ass on the forums. That doesn't change the fact that I'm not willing to dedicate my time and effort to a project that I don't see going anywhere. Sorry.

Uh, what are you even talking about? The only "negative" thing I see about you is the (crappy) meme that suggests you used voice to text to write the post. Am I missing something here?