n2glox2's ban appeal

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by N2Mining, Dec 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. N2Mining

N2Mining Member VIP

What is your IGN?

n2glox2

Who banned you?(use @<full username>)

SpaceCadetKevin

Why were you banned(ban message)?

Autofishing

When were you banned?

7th December 2014 07:53:56 PM

How long is your ban?

Forever

Can you explain what you know about the ban in more detail?

I was auto fishing on the server, while I was doing some work in another document on my computer. I had minecraft in the background, so i could see what was happening, and intervene every once in a while, pick up errant fish, and to move so I would not get kicked for AFK. I got called a way from the computer and didn't stop fishing and log off, like I should have. I came back a few minutes later and was banned. I auto fish by changing the key for my right mouse button to caps lock. On my Mac that will lock it.

Why should you be unbanned?

Well, I did not know this was ban-able behavior. When I set this up, I searched the wiki (in the past and just now) and there is nothing about auto fishing farms. I read the rules, I could not find anything.

I just now searched the forums and found one ban appeal from August 2013 that mentioned it as banned But I cannot find it in the wiki and I did not search the forums when I set this up.

I know that the server has an anti-afk option. I figured that if I was fishing and left the keyboard too long it would kick me anyway. I did not know that the anti-afk would not work when fishing. I usually do other things on the computer, like watch youtube, a movie or do work when I fish so it has never come up.

I don't break the rules. I've been an active player. I don't mess with other's stuff, I don't act rude in chat, and I vote regularly. I would not have broken this rule if I had known it existed. I won't auto fish without physically holding the key down, etc. I hope that the ban can be changed to a temp ban.

Thanks

GingerSwan likes this.
  2. SpaceCadetKevin

SpaceCadetKevin Well-Known Member VIP

Your ban has been changed to 24hours and your fishing skill reset to zero.

I realize that there is nothing on the wiki pertaining to this particular farm. Basically it is seen as exploiting the leveling system of mcmmo which is why it is a bannable offense.

ndvenckus1 likes this.
  3. N2Mining

N2Mining Member VIP

Thanks.

It really needs to be in the wiki, along with more info on what is considered exploiting MCMMO and what is not.

4. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

The wiki and rules were redesigned to prevent having to include specific items like "No automatic or AFK fishing" and replace them with broader items like "No exploitation of game mechanics." If you're unsure about whether or not something is allowed (which you certainly should be when it comes to gaining items and xp with zero effort on your part), ask an admin. Locked.

ezeiger92 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.