Full reset in the near future?

Discussion in 'Minecraft Discussions' started by salmon_flavour, Dec 25, 2014.

?

Would you be OK with a server reset?

1. Yes

21.7%
  2. No

78.3%
  3. Don't care either way

8.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. This goes out to everybody.

What's the likelyhood that we'll have a full server reset to embrace everything offered with 1.8?
    Has it been considered?
    Are there large technical hurdles?
    Is there enough motivation amongst the staff to make it happen?
    How does the community feel about it? (see poll)

2. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

We are missing ocean monuments and diorite/granite/andesite replacing sections of stone. That is it. The monuments are just going to be trashed anyway, so might as well be a mining world only feature, and the stone types will be plentiful there as well. Also, there are crafting recipes with quartz that can make them.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
  3. Beocca

Beocca Member VIP

Must everything ppl suggest be met with such remarks by you erik? The first paragraph was good, pointing out some good points at least. The last 4 simply are not needed...

-Erik's post edited by Erik, this post lost it's context-

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2014
    ezeiger92 likes this.
  4. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

only reason i said no is cuzz of my village that i've put alot of work into and i'm just now starting to expand it so losing it would be like killing me cuzz it has part of my heart n soul in it and personality

Dynodamon likes this.
  5. North_Korean

North_Korean Active Member VIP

If everything is solved with a mining world reset and a mod. Why reset? All of Erik's points are vaild. Especially since this world has a lot of work into it. And if we reset every major update people wont have as much drive to rebuild. Kinda annoying to rebuild everytime.

6. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

Yeah we should reset mining world. Not sure if that's been done yet with all the work Erik has put in this month or if it's still to do. I haven't been on this week after the 1.8 roll over.

BurningIce2 likes this.
  7. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

The mining world has not yet been reset. I'll start looking for an appropriate seed tonight.

oiShocKWavesv likes this.