FTL Drives

Discussion in 'Requests / Reports' started by Biospud, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Biospud

Biospud Member

I have been playing with these some on a private map. They are fun as hell. I push for a vote or something to get these installed in the server. Their power use and costs will still keep us roughly within the same distances we already use with a max 60km jump. They are very accurate as well.

FTL Drive on Steam 4 star rating. I give it two thumbs up.

2. CyberVic

CyberVic Well-Known Member VIP

K, if people want it I will add it. No sweat off my back.

3. Biospud

Biospud Member

You're the man, Dude!

4. Chinchulin

Chinchulin New Member

To tell the truth either this or the stargate mod works for me (or maybe both). But since stargate is not working well i vote go ahead and add the ftl drive.

5. Biospud

Biospud Member

I would like both. This is more for local movement. It's power hungry too, so it will be another thing to manage. I plan to build FTL ships with merge docking to move my other ships around. Like a space taxi.

6. Biospud

Biospud Member

I haven't tested this yet, but apparently you can slave additional FTL drives together for more distance.

:Edit
    Tested them out in creative. As the power use and size of the drives is limiting on smaller ships, they do seem to have a bubble around them which will draw items, asteroid chunks, and myself along the ship even if not inside. Proximity. Haven't tested whether more drives increases the width of the warp bubble. My gut says likely. Multiple drives can be slaved together with a master and all additional having [Slave] in the name. Longer jumps require a multiplier in the name of the master in the [2x] or [x2] format. A 1000km jump for example will need a modifier of [16x] or [17x] and need the equivalent number of FTL drives. There's also a timer pushing a 1000km jump into the 20minute spool up time.

Here's the advanced notes, also available on the steam page near the bottom. It was sort of hard to figure out, so I deciphered the choicest bits above.

Also appears to be a cool down time between uses based off the distance.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015