Change VIP icon?

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by BurningIce2, Jan 31, 2015.

1. BurningIce2

BurningIce2 Active Member VIP

Seeing there's no more advantage to being a VIP, it would be nice to apply some changes concerning this subject:

• Change the term VIP into something else (like Donator), seeing it's not relevant anymore. (btw, I don't like Donator, it's ugly)
    • remove the message: Get VIP perks! Go to shadecrest.com/vip from the chat.
    • maybe add some "non-advantage" perks (hats, free fireworks etc...)

Don't hesitate to post more suggestions down below!

2. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

Eh...I like the vip tag...but yea the vip perks message has to go since we don't have those perks anymore, but we do have that vote shop that has a few things that ppl can buy using vote points, they can also convert the points into rupies

3. BurningIce2

Yes, but VIP means you have privileges over others, and that's not the case.

4. Legend9468

Legend9468 Well-Known Member VIP

VIP just means Very Important Person. As far as I'm aware, people like us are indeed important to the server, as our funds go towards the server's upkeep.

5. BurningIce2

In one sense, yes, but in the common sense it means you have access to more things than ''normal'' people.

6. Mega_Spud

Mega_Spud Active Member VIP

VIP is fine as a donator title IMO, and as you wrote in the first post, there could be purely cosmetic eula compliant perks added in the future. (Which I still think would be great :) )

BurningIce2 likes this.
  7. Legend9468

Which would be the "non-advantage" perks you discussed earlier.

I still like my idea from months ago which was fireworks going off everytime a VIP warped somewhere.

8. SpaceCadetKevin

SpaceCadetKevin Well-Known Member VIP

Wouldn't that get a bit annoying?

9. BurningIce2

Let's all mass warp to Kevin's house as soon as he comes on!

10. epic_poke8

epic_poke8 Active Member VIP

I could see how hats could work, since that helmet thingy was removed.
    Simple: Just make it like most hat commands work.
    /hat while holding a block (any block, including transparent ones, such as banners, slabs, and daylight sensors), and it goes into your headwear slot in your inventory. /hat again to remove.
    Maybe give different levels of VIP more cosmetic perks. I don't know how many of these are easily possible, just some ideas.
    VIP I (The Basics Pack): Hat, maybe a few other things.
    VIP II (The Disguise Master's Pack): Appear as playerlike mobs to other players (skeletons, villagers, et cetera)
    VIP III (The Cida Pack): Choose between colors of the VIP tag. You would still appear as gold in the tab list. Maybe light green, or pink, something unused.
    VIP IV (The Particle Pack): Additional Particle Effects, choose between different particles to appear when you do certain things, such as warp, die, spawn, stuff like that.
    VIP V (The Ultimate Pack): Change the VIP tag to something else with less than 5 letters, cannot be "MOD" or "Admn" or anything like that. Also, nicknames. /nick <name>. Makes you appear as a different person in chat only. Cannot contain profanities, overly derogatory terms, a famous username, such as a youtuber's, or a staff username.
    All VIP ranks would have access to the all of the abilities that lower VIP ranks have, of course.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  11. Legend9468

Neat idea, but I have to disagree with the disguise pluggin, could be used in pvp to gain an upper hand. Unless of course, their name was still visible (even when crouching).

epic_poke8 and Mega_Spud like this.
  12. BurningIce2

:3

13. epic_poke8

Of course.

14. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

Your disguise terminates whenever you get hit/hit something.
    Most pvp oriented servers have a disguise system of some kind, I don't see a big issue with this.

15. ndvenckus1

ndvenckus1 Well-Known Member VIP

We've been over this before. The ability to change your tag would get real annoying real fast, and nicknames would just make the chat confusing (and hence annoying). Hats, particles, and (limited) mob disguise, though? We could probably work that out.

Mega_Spud likes this.
  16. TheTechGeek245

TheTechGeek245 Well-Known Member VIP

Maybe have like /nick enable/disable if you don't want confusion Enable would allow nicknames disable just shows as normal. Doing this may just ruin the purpose of nick, but It may be something fun for the vips to play with.

EDIT: Although if someone wanted to /nick they could just wait for the name changes coming out soon

17. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

I think /nick is just a no, no matter what really.

BurningIce2 and Mega_Spud like this.
  18. epic_poke8

Most servers with /nick have a /realname command that disables/enables nicknames.
    And how would changing the tag be annoying?

19. BurningIce2

What we could do is something like
    [VIP III]cida0003: as the normal name and then:
    [VIP III]<nickname>-cida0003:
    But then the nickname can't be longer than 7 characters, otherwise the chat will be filled with names, not chat.

20. Mega_Spud

Mega_Spud Active Member VIP

It would give people too much chance to have really annoying/offensive/irritating nicknames in my opinion.

I think it's been ruled out already.

However, one idea could be to let people choose a tag when they donate. Up to five characters, and has to be approved before it goes live. If they want to change their [tag], they'd need to donate again to do so.

I'd very much like to see this, it would also be a really good selling point for the server!