Refresh

Discussion in 'Survival Server Suggestions' started by ezeiger92, Sep 7, 2015.

?

How would you like survival to proceed?

Poll closed Dec 7, 2015.
  1. Leave the maps as they are

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. Use existing pve world as half of a split map (new pvp)

4 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. Use existing pvp world as half of a split map (new pve)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. New world with a split map (new pvp and pve)

31 vote(s)
    81.6%
  1. Motion_Ki11a

Motion_Ki11a Member VIP

New world with a split map. Just like the old days of ShadeCrest.
    If this happen, I will return I promise. You will all be able to experience the old-school pvp crew

2. ezeiger92

ezeiger92 Well-Known Member Lead Admin Survival Admin

The spawn world has been centered around [0,0], and is using the newly selected seed!
    Do you guys want to see a preview of the world?

Note: We won't start switching just yet, the new map is simply ready to use when we need it.

3. Motion_Ki11a

Motion_Ki11a Member VIP

4. ezeiger92

5. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

Well you already know that I gotta have my village...rofl I've been thinking about what I really want moved/transferd over, think I'll put signs on the builds I want moved ect...also want the build pie made that I bought moved but I'll have to think more lol although I could find a new village and build that up, but I think folks would miss my crazy village I got now :-P I'll be on later this evening

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

6. ezeiger92

Why do you want builds moved? You're gonna come back to the server, make sure all your old stuff gets moved, then leave again because nothing had changed.

You're talking like build moves are a set thing; they aren't.

stlnaturals likes this.
  7. sharqman

sharqman Well-Known Member VIP

Are you're saying you're not planning on actually changing anything? Or are you saying that in general if builds are moved nothing is going to change for individual players in terms of gameplay so they'll just leave again?

millz14 likes this.
  8. StephenP67

StephenP67 Well-Known Member VIP

I'm happy to move builds if we go that way. I can see either way has drawbacks. As Erik said if you move everything over for established players then they are still in the same position where there is nothing they need to do. On the other hand not moving an established player's builds could give them impetus to leave. I'd imagine the latter players would only be logging on occasionally anyway. However we don't want to alienate vintage players either. When I think of all the hours I put into Bazaar and my labyrinth I tend to lean towards moving builds but starting from scratch could be interesting.

waterpower1 likes this.
  9. SkittlesQueen

SkittlesQueen Active Member VIP

Actually no I wasn't, you may think I think that but I don't, I know damn well how hard it is to move builds, I mean come on, I've moved around alot my whole life, it's hard, change is hard (more harder for me) like I said, I could find a new village and build that up, I'd just like to see the new map before deciding...know what I mean jellybean ;-)

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

10. ezeiger92

Dude, come on. I've been talking about changes to rules, plugins, pvp, ranks, permissions, and VIP perks. This has been going on for months across multiple threads.
    This is accurate.

11. Slebert

Slebert Active Member VIP

I know that if any builds are moved the whole map change will seem meaningless to me and i won't feel as interested in playing again. So I am sure that there are a lot of others that feel this way.

Sent from Sleberts phone

ezeiger92 likes this.
  12. oiShocKWavesv

oiShocKWavesv Well-Known Member VIP

I'm the opposite really. I really can't be bothered to build up from scratch and throw out like 40 days of work xD

13. Slebert

But that's the whole point of starting fresh...

[Edit] : If things are transfered over, it would be like a mining refresh + a change of general scenery...

Sent from Sleberts phone

14. oiShocKWavesv

[​IMG]

Slebert likes this.
  15. Slebert

You say you don't want to loose 40 days worth of work but wasn't that the part you enjoyed? You stopped playing after that, so if it does get transfered, what exactly are you looking forward to in the new map?

Sent from Sleberts phone

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  16. ezeiger92

You don't play on survival, so it's not like we'd "lose" you by resetting everything. There are more players that will return (even if only for a short period) with a full reset than with a partial reset. In addition, it becomes much easier to make balance tweaks if players aren't importing goods from an unbalanced system.

Slebert likes this.
  17. oiShocKWavesv

I stopped playing like many because the server died, not because I had reached a cap on what I could achieve on here.
    If the server ever picked up again I'd be much more likely to come back if I didn't have to put shite tonnes of work in to getting built up again. Otherwise I'll just stay on servers I'm already well equipped on.
    If I only played peaceful on here it wouldn't be that bad, but much more work goes in to getting geared up for pvp sufficiently. Since that's all I did on here a total reset would remove all appeal for me. I don't want to be grinding for hours on end for stuff I already have on other servers (made worse by the huge spawner nerfs).
    It's not because I'm lazy or selfish, it's because most of my items and building hold 2+ years of memorabilia from countless experiences on the server. If that all gets reset, there's nothing really to show for being a part of the community for this length of time.

18. ezeiger92

Oh fuck off! The code I made for nerfing spawners hasn't existed for the last nine months. It was deleted nine months ago. Jesus Christ, I'm sick of hearing about fucking spawners! "Buh... but how will I exp? Muh spawners! Aboose!" I've been over this shit so many times I can't even count.

A setup that gives you unlimited experience and items at the press of a button is completely broken. That's why we've made rules on how mob farms and grinders can function. Is actually working towards gear too hard for you? Then go, and stay gone.

THEdeadRETURNED likes this.
  19. oiShocKWavesv

• User was banned for this post
    [​IMG]

20. Rem

Rem Active Member VIP

so um, i do like the idea of bordercrossing

THEdeadRETURNED likes this.